This position performs key tasks to drive Hussmann’s cash flow and working capital goals. A successful candidate will perform a wide variety of credit and collections functions for a defined portfolio of Hussmann’s customers. This position will monitor receivables, analyze external data, and pursue payment from assigned accounts. Success will come from working directly with customers and other Hussmann teams that support the customers to resolve customer disputes and facilitate customer payment by creating individual reporting and other analytics to support DSO improvements.
Role and Responsibilities
Evaluate the financial status of potential or existing customers using Responsibilitiesinternal and external data. Recommend a level of exposure that will balances revenue growth and financial risk.
Monitor outstanding receivables and DSO utilizing multiple ERP’s and supporting systems. Focus on delinquent invoices and other opportunities that are apparently by continually analyzing your portfolio.
Continually evaluate customer exposure against credit limits, utilizing historical payment data, external data, and other financial information.
Maintain timely approval of customer orders, utilizing established guidelines and thresholds.
Build and maintain relationships with internal support teams: Sales, Billing, Branch support staff, Legal, and AR team members to drive timely processing of customer remittances.
Assist Credit Supervisor, Sr. Manager, and other team members with various reporting and ad-hoc requests.
Responsible for process improvement, automation initiatives, projects as well as documenting procedures, processes, and systems as they evolve.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5 – 7 years collections, A/R, billing, or similar Finance experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting / Business preferred
- Strong analytical and reconciliation abilities
- Attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks/projects, communicating information in a timely fashion, with the appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both in a team environment and as a strong individual contributor
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (proficiency in Excel is a must)
- Exposure to Oracle, Infor XA, Hyperion, Power BI, or Microsoft Dynamics a definite plus.