JOB TITLE: AVIONICS QUALITY INSPECTOR III / UNIT MEMBER
LOCATION: Lake Forest, CA
SCHEDULE: Onsite – 6:00AM – 2:30PM M-F
PAY RANGE: $25.96 - $43.75 (Depending on experience)
*** Position is Onsite 5 days a week in Lake Forest, CA ***
*** No Remote or Hybrid schedule option ***
WHO IS PANASONIC AVIONICS?
If you've ever boarded a plane with a video display on the seat in front of you, offering Movies, TV, Games, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Audio; there's a great chance that Panasonic Avionics is behind it all. We are the #1 provider of IFE (In-Flight Entertainment) systems in the world, and we are looking for the best and brightest to join our Corporate Team of Quality Inspectors to help us continue to provide the best In-Class Services everywhere.
We are currently looking to hire a sharp and naturally analytical Level 3 Quality Inspector (Unit Member) to join our team of Quality Specialists who focus on inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, and improving the overall performance and functionality of the IFE (in-flight entertainment) systems that we’ve been providing to airlines all over the globe for over 40 years. Our technology is evolving every day, and Quality continues to be a pillar in the foundation of our success.
This is direct hire, full time position, offering full medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, etc. Additional benefits include 2 weeks of accruable PTO, 14 paid Company Holidays, 7 sick days, and 3 personal days. Ask your recruiter about additional perks to work with PAC.
As a Quality Inspector III, you will determine and enforce quality and reliability requirements in accordance with contracts, engineering specifications, and established procedures. Responsible for all inspection aspects of Quality Control in performing mechanical and electrical inspections on manufactured, purchased and return products per design data requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Record and document each inspection process in accordance with company documented procedures.
- Create rejection reports for non-conforming parts.
- Perform and validate First Article inspection per AS9102 or Customer's specification.
- Ensure test equipment is within the adequate calibration status period for all measurement equipment and is conformed to the company's preventive maintenance program.
- Must be in compliance with the company’s documented Quality System and AS9100 standards.
- Periodically rotate to other functions performing required quality control activities to support business needs, this may require travel to remote locations.
- At time of shipment, verify configuration control and serial number accounting.
- Provide support of MRB activities including inspection of reworked product and acceptances.
- Perform RMA disposition and inspection activities for internal and external material returns.
- Prepare and present inspection status activity reports to Management as required.
- Trains new personnel through on-the job and one-on-one training.
- Review and propose changes to in-work processes and work instructions for clarity and continuous improvements.
- Performs mechanical inspections on subassemblies or finished products to Engineering drawing and cosmetic requirements using standard measurement tools or tooling and visual assessment.
- Performs and conducting visual inspections, verification of components, subassemblies or finished products to Engineering drawings by confirming specifications & measurement tests.
- Inspect in-process parts and assemblies as they are built by manufacturing.
- Perform electrical continuity testing of electrical wiring or components per acceptance test procedures as applicable.
- Perform RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substance) and/or testing of components or raw materials as selected per company guidelines.
- Compile and review data packets for accuracy and completeness in preparation of FAA Conformity inspection.
- Conduct FAA Conformity Inspection IAW FAA 8110.4 in support of Panasonic or those applicants that have delegated their inspection authority.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
- Must have Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Electronics or Mechanics; OR have equivalent years (6) working experience, technical education, or training. (i.e., Military, Technical School, Trade school)
- Must have 6+ years in Quality Control / Inspection experience in Aviation, Aeronautics, Aerospace, or FAA related industry.
- Must have 2+ years’ experience in interpreting or reading Engineering drawings, Engineering Specs, Blueprints or Acceptance Test Procedures.
- Must have experience creating FAA forms to reflect and indicate inspections made.
- Aerospace, Aeronautics, or Aviation Industry experience is a Must Have.
- Must be familiar with AS9100 and AS9102 Quality Standards
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with Testing on Inspection, and Electrical and Mechanical Measurement testing is Required.
- Proficient in mechanical measurement & electrical instruments and working knowledge with statistical tools and techniques is Required.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is
- Must be familiar with compliance regarding specifications, industry standards, and FAA requirements.
- Able to complete tasks that involve bending and twisting, and standing or sitting for long periods, based on business requirements.
- Lead 6S activities for the department as required
WHAT IS PREFERRED:
- Past experience with supporting Lean Manufacturing events is
- Apprenticeship or Electronics Certificate or Military Electronics Experiences is
- Experience working with Oracle and Adobe is Highly Preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/50% match, 2 weeks PTO, 7 paid sick days, 3 personal days, 14 paid Company Holidays, Tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation
#qualityinspector #avionics #aviation #odaunitmember #odaunitmembers #avionicsmechanic #a&pmechanic #airframe #qualityinspection #engineeringspecs #engineeringdrawings #blueprints #aviation #ife #ifesystems #inflightentertainment