We seek to hire an Account Director to be based in New Delhi, India. The role holder will be a senior sales account manager distinguished by additional specialized knowledge and viewed as one of the experts by the company and in the field. Typically handles more critical accounts and/or larger territories and may have a leadership role. Helps to establish sales growth and profit targets for the region. P&L responsibility.
- Develop a strong relationship with key management at assigned customer accounts and assist with other customers as directed to ensure increased customer satisfaction and increased market share.
- Travel to customer locations to develop relationships and completely understand customers' issues. Determine what the customer is trying to accomplish, fix, or avoid, and then apply expertise to jointly develop solutions.
- Develop and maintain detailed information on potential customer organizations, key decision-makers, and key influencers with the purpose of fostering relationships between customers and Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
- Review contractual requirements of assigned customers and ensures fulfillment from the company.
- Ensures excellent execution, communication, and delivery is given across all internal or contracted departments & groups which interface or provide service to the customer. Coordinate as needed with Regional Customer Service Management team consisting of Field Engineering, Program Management Organization, Marketing, and other assigned personnel to achieve total customer satisfaction with assigned accounts.
- Supports business operations between the customer and Panasonic, such as involvement in collections, revenue recognition, PO receipt, sales forecasting, and change requests
- Lead, train, motivate and appraise the performance of Account Managers in assigned region.
- Ensure proper implementation of marketing programs, product promotions, and new product launches to maintain Panasonic Avionics Corporation as the preferred In-Flight Entertainment supplier.
- Keep informed of competitors, developments, and trends in the assigned region. Prepare reports and professional presentations to communicate potential opportunities and /or problems to customer teams and senior management.
- Manage regional budget and helps to establish sales growth and profit targets for the region.
- Manage customer survey activities and satisfaction scorecards. Track customer satisfaction ratings to objectively measure the degree of satisfaction.
Education / Experience Requirement
- Minimum 10 years of a combination of Account Management, product management or program management and successful Sales experience in avionics or aerospace
- Bachelors or Equivalent University Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing or technical degree in related field preferred
Knowledge / Skill Requirement
- Strong background in the aviation/avionics industry, particularly the "Cabin environment". Experienced in the IFEC industry. Solid grasp of Line-fit, Retrofit, Reconfiguration requirements and processes. Significant level of contacts throughout the customer and supply base. (Personal address book may include the most senior level of customer contact.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of system architecture(s) and, where possible, individual LRUs. Firm grasp of dependencies, commercial options, and issues associated with functionality, system, and LRU choices. Comprehensive knowledge of GUI options, application functionality, digital solutions, and associated commercial and technical implications for choices.
- Seasoned account management skills, across large, complex/key strategic accounts. Sophisticated rapport-building and influencing tools and skills. Very good presentation skills across senior (Board level) and large audiences. Astute negotiation capability with long-term / anticipatory perspective. Comprehensive commercial understanding of customer issues, and how Panasonic can create a compelling value proposition to address these issues.
- Good grasp of organization and individual idiosyncrasies and how to be effective within the environment. Strong capability in building effective teamwork to service customers’ requirements, particularly in addressing key issues in a timely and successful manner. Resourceful in ensuring customers’ requirements are met. Normally acts as an escalation point, yet have the level of maturity to know how / when to escalate issues to achieve effective and efficient action. Seen as authoritative by all levels within the company.
- Excellent organization and discipline. Comprehensive execution of required regular reviews such as forecasting, OSO entry, award and handover routines, program control, cash collection, account review, with high level of efficiency. Driver in supporting the improvement of these processes. Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills allowing rapid self-sufficiency in generating persuasive proposals, compelling presentations, and strong financial analysis (although may lead or indirectly lead staff who do this work). Driven to approach both new and existing customers to listen and understand customer issues, and clearly relay product offerability back to customers for potential long-term solutions. Diligence and discipline in follow-up and follow-through, with a high level of visibility to both customer and internal organization. Critical thinking skills to utilize product and market strategy to customize potential client solutions while maintaining company profitability.
- Travel of up to 50% of the time, primarily regionally and occasionally globally.