Job Title: Workplace Facility Coordinator
Shift: Monday-Friday – Day Shift
Category: Exempt (Salaried)
The Workplace Facility Coordinator is part of the Workplace team and is responsible for maintaining non-manufacturing areas at the Gigafactory, provide employee support in a fast-growing environment, and strive to achieve process excellence. The Workplace team members are key contributors for a positive workplace experience with tasks such as facility audits and inspections, furniture coordination, events, and other workplace initiatives. The Coordinator will perform critical tasks required to maintain functional and efficient common spaces within the facility. The position requires all aspects of customer service and necessitates a professional and positive attitude. Additionally, the Coordinator will assist the Workplace team by fulfilling requests from internal teams. Furthermore, the Coordinator must be organized and able to multitask while tracking multiple projects simultaneously. Together, the team focuses on space optimization and to find best solutions for immediate needs while devising and driving long-term strategies.
- Conduct daily facility audits and building inspections to ensure Café and breakroom amenities are maintained to specific standards and common spaces are clean and well maintained.
- Execute and coordinate workplace activities and tasks such as event set up and breakdown, office and conference room furniture ordering, employee moves, coordination of document storage pick up and other activities that support workplace operations
- Maintain furniture and landlord maintenance requests by tracking orders, delivery, and work completions in Excel spreadsheets.
- Write database and Cleantillegent work order system.
- Collaborate closely with Workplace, Facilities, and landlord teams
- Perform daily operational checks and respond to any issues with HDCOM, Teams conferencing and projector equipment. Provide device cord management throughout office and conference room spaces
- Collaborate on various workplace projects while gathering project requirements, communicate project progress to appropriate parties, document project actions, and effective execution
- Coordinate, order and receive workplace supplies
- Ability to identify and prioritize multiple projects and perform work with a constant awareness of improving processes. Preparation of reports, metrics, and other tracking tools
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Associates Degree
- Minimum of 1+ year of experience in a corporate or manufacturing setting
- A customer-centric attitude and enthusiasm for supporting internal teams
- Oriented toward recognizing cleanliness and facility maintenance issues
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Basic knowledge and strong interest in Facilities and Workplace Operations
- Ability to perform minor facilities repairs such as painting, hanging wall graphics, small furniture assembly, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and mature manner when interacting with internal and external clients, colleagues, management, and vendors
- Availability to work weekends or nights as needed
- Follow company safety requirements, procedures, policies, goals, and objectives
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Be positive, proactive, and collaborate with other members to build successful projects
- Detailed oriented while assisting operations
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 20%
- Walk: 60%
- Stand: 10%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.