The Workplace team is responsible for maintaining non-manufacturing areas of the facility, providing support to the growing population of employees and to drive process excellence. Workplace Team Members are key contributors to creating a positive workplace experience at PENA through their daily interactions with employees on facility audits and inspections, furniture coordination, events, and many other workplace initiatives. The Workplace Facility Coordinator will perform critical operations required to maintain functional and efficient common and office spaces within the facility. The position involves all aspects of customer service and requires a professional, positive attitude. The Workplace Facility Coordinator will assist the Workplace team by fulfilling requests from the various internal teams. This person will need to be very organized and have the ability to track multiple lists. Together our Team focuses on optimizing the space we have, finding the best solutions to immediate needs, and devising and driving our long-term strategy.
- Conduct facility audits and building inspections to ensure common areas of the facility are maintained to specific standards
- Execute workplace activities and tasks such as event set up and breakdown, furniture ordering, employee moves, space planning and other activities that support workplace operations
- Maintain furniture and landlord maintenance requests by tracking orders, delivery and work completions in Excel spreadsheets and Wrike database
- Collaborate closely with the Workplace, Facilities and Landlord teams
- Perform HDCOM, projector equipment and cord management throughout office and conference room spaces
- Collaborate on various workplace projects gather project requirements, communicate project progress to appropriate parties, document project actions, and execute effectively
- Coordinate, order and receive workplace supply deliveries
- Ability to identify and prioritize multiple projects and perform work with a constant awareness of improving processes. Preparation of reports, metrics, and other tracking tools.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High school diploma or GED.
- Preferred: Associates Degree preferred and 1+ year of experience in a corporate or manufacturing setting.
- A customer-centric attitude and enthusiasm for supporting internal teams
- Basic knowledge and strong interest in Facilities and Workplace Operations
- Ability to perform minor facilities repair skills such as painting, hanging wall graphics, small furniture assembly, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and mature manner when interacting with internal and external clients, colleagues, management, and vendors
- Availability to work weekends or nights as needed into order to project or schedule demand is required
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- The workplace Facility Coordinator will support all policies, goals, and objectives of the company, and will represent the company in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
· Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access,
Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to:
Tools and/or Equipment:Required Frequency
Office Equipment (Fax, copier, 10-key)
Required Lifting and Carrying:
Weight to be manually lifted each normal workday. (Occasional 1 - 33%, Frequent 34 - 66%, Continuous 67 - 100%)
Up to 10 lbs
Up to 20 lbs
Up to 35 lbs
Team-Lift Only (over 35 lbs)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.