Panasonic – Workday Integration Lead Analyst Newark, NJ or Remote
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Panasonic North America seeks an experienced Workday Integration Lead to support our global Workday HCM and integrated technology solutions. The role provides Workday integrations administration, including AMS provider management, security/access framework and integration management. This position works closely with the parent company, affiliates, internal HR and other IT staff to effectively meet the needs of Panasonic Human Resources. This position will reports to the VP, Business Solutions.
Workday Integrations Administration:
- Administer HR systems security framework and controls to ensure appropriate access to functionality for users and monitor appropriate data security
- Partner with IT to assist in their support of integrations from HCM system (Workday) to other internal systems (e.g., Azure, Cornerstone, Concur, ServiceNow)
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex production integration issues including time critical payroll issues.
- Manage system integrations within approved architecture of system and middleware
- Provide support for Workday inbound and outbound integration issues, changes to existing integrations and well as new integrations
- Provide support for incident management and integration monitoring
- Perform routine break/fix support and regression testing and support the inbound/outbound interfaces to the system and middleware
- Analyze and translate functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications
- Ensure integrations function as designed based on functional and technical requirements
- Consult with business and technical teams about interface design and maintenance; collaborate with other architects and technical leads on design decisions
- Design and develop interfaces and conduct unit and integration tests
- Participate and lead integration and security testing for new Workday releases.
Application Management Support:
- Oversee Application Management Services (interface monitoring, break-fix) provided by AMS vendor
- Estimate effort or review same required for configuration, testing and support related to proposed enhancements or projects
- Conduct unit testing for all configuration done as part of a project, and participate in user acceptance testing as a test coordinator
- Must be comfortable and have demonstrated success performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities in a high-energy environment
Workday Security Framework Assurance & Maintenance:
- Configure, maintain and advise on security within Workday application. This includes domain security policies, business process security policies, roles and role assignments
- Coordinate with vendors to understand new technology scope and association with new functionality and security
- Develop and maintain awareness of divisional and data security and comply with policies and procedures
- Stay updated on new security features within the application’s future roadmap, and implement where possible
- Perform audits on system roles and access logs to ensure accuracy
- Demonstrate proof of security controls during internal and external audits
What You’ll Bring:
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in interface architecture
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with Workday and other HR applications that interface with Workday
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant technical field (Information Technology, Computer Science, Software, Engineering or related technical discipline) or equivalent combination of training and work experience
- Workday custom reporting, EIB and integration experience required. Workday certifications a big plus
- Workday HCM, Payroll, Time Tracking and/or Benefits configuration experience preferred.
- Experience with interface, networking, and data warehousing technologies, as well as design, relational database technologies, and performance tuning
- Experience with Web Services and APIs (WSDL, SOAP, REST and WS standards) preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of XML and XSLT
- Knowledge of Workday implementation tools (Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Workday Studio, Workday Report Writer
- Knowledge of Workday security administration
- Knowledge of SOX and data privacy regulations
- Proven experience administering multiple integrated HR systems (Cornerstone, Jobvite, etc.)
- Familiarity with a variety of the HR concepts, practices, and procedures required
- Experience working within a Global HR environment highly desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work and coordinate with third parties on data related inquiries
- Understanding of basic database architecture, tables, functional interactions, and recognize and understand impacts to downstream systems
- Must have proven critical thinking skills in order to conduct full impact analysis of any requests/changes from the business
- Ability to provide, in user-friendly terms, sound ideas and solutions to end users on HR systems-related projects, tasks, reports, etc.
- Must be able to understand business priorities and project plans and have demonstrated adherence to and successful results with both
- Proven ability to respectfully challenge assumptions, proposed solutions and timelines
- Ability to work with varying levels of management
- Possesses excellent written and verbal cross-cultural communication skills
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solution
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.