Maintenance - Winding
- Coordinate, direct, and hold accountable the maintenance teams on shift to perform planned and emergency maintenance
- Evaluate and assesses hourly personnel to determine training needs and develops employees to improve their maintenance skills
- Responsible for assessing maintenance impact online performance with respect to improving uptime, through-puts, and product quality
- Accurately update the computerized maintenance system daily for the responsible shift
- Accurately maintain Workday (HRIS - labor tracking system) daily for the responsible shift
- Communicate daily activity of work order status with Planners, Production Supervisors, and coordinate the shift-to-shift handoff
- Lead troubleshooting activities with maintenance teams and utilize all available resources to correct maintenance issues in an expedient manner
- Responsible for the execution of shift plan for planned work orders, PM, training, and capital projects
- Participate in PM development and maintenance budget management with Planners
- Leads the application of RCA to resolve technical problems in packing, process, warehouse, and utilities
- Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) Progression
- Identify continuous improvement and cost savings opportunities
- Manages predictive and preventative maintenance technologies and programs
- Reviews and coordinates work requisitions and other related requests for feasibility, approval and assigns priorities and assignments
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: Associate degree or equivalent working experience in a manufacturing environment or related field
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience performing preventative maintenance
- Experience reading blueprints
- Sensitivity to customer needs and stringent delivery requirements
- Available to work weekends and/or overtime as needed
- Effectively communicate and interact in a manner that is professional and clear to all levels of fellow team members, customers, and other parties
- Ability to maintain good attendance
- Proficient skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Team building skills
- Excellent organizational skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Operate as a collaborative team member and function with minimum supervision
- Thrive in demanding, deadline driven culture
- Ability to multi-task, pay attention to detail and prioritize and lead a team of individuals
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 10%
- Walk: 40%
- Stand: 30%
- Lift: 20%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.