Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The VP, Global Sales will be responsible for accelerating and driving profitable, top-line annual growth in alignment with the company’s business strategy. The successful incumbent will manage sales and sales support functions of the business while developing and implementing initiatives to increase the book-to-billing ratio, market share, sales levels and profitability. This position will drive collaboration across the regions and leverage a matrixed organization, pulling together teams to cultivate customer relationships and execute on new deals.
- Develop and implement aggressive strategic sales initiatives for suite of IFE, connectivity, technical services, and digital services offerings.
- Establish sales and business development strategies, growth plans, programs and functions to achieve revenue and penetration targets. Identify key metrics to measure progress.
- Inspire outstanding performance from all levels of the sales organization through elimination of silos, removal of barriers, and encouragement of collaboration to enable unwavering commitment to PAC’s success.
- Expand PAC’s footprint with new and existing customers in the market by managing regional sales leaders in executing all phases of sales, from initial project pursuit to post sales follow-up.
- Define and implement the structure under which the sales team will operate.
- As a member of PAC’s senior leadership team, participate in strategy formulation and key decisions across the business.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of current and anticipated business conditions affecting Panasonic’s service offerings and customer requirements.
- Ensure long-term Account Development Plans (ADPs) are in place for key Panasonic customers.
- Build and strengthen relationships with C-suite executives, key customers and strategic ecosystem partners in the regions.
- Constantly evaluate sales operations forecasting sales pipeline management tools and methods for efficiency and effectiveness and make recommendations for better tools if appropriate.
- Drive an aggressive, outward-facing, proactive, sales team to support airline customers across the regions, focusing on responsiveness, product and service quality and speed of resolution.
- Prepare standard quotations and proposal information; work with other departments and teams to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Develop and present proposals to clients.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of periodic sales meetings to educate, train, and stimulate sales production.
- Develop and oversee the management of the sales budget.
- Ensure PAC maintains a culture of compliance and encourages ethical behaviors and business practices. Be an example of integrity and compliance, as setting the right tone from the top will be a critical part of the ideal candidate’s success.
- Continue to foster a culture of growth, serving as a true leader of the business in all areas of sales and business development, and working cross-functionally with other key leaders.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Panasonic’s competitors’ products, capabilities, and market strategies.
- Strong understanding of navigating complexity of airline industry.
- Strong understanding of digital space, including transformations and selling digital solutions to airlines.
- Ability to operate independently and collaborate with team members across all levels of the organization to accomplish shared goals and objectives.
- Outgoing personality and great communication skills, with proven ability to build trust and develop and nurture long lasting relationships.
- Must possess a competitive nature and show both flexibility and resiliency.
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to be resourceful and the ability to exercise creative thinking.
- Experience developing effective proposals and responses to RFPs.
- Demonstrated record of achieving sales growth and maintaining profitable domestic and international accounts.
- In addition to independent qualities, the ability to work well as part of a global and virtual team across multiple geographies and verticals.
- Proven sales management abilities covering analysis and planning/strategy, development and implementation of programs and reporting and controlling results.
- Ability to create and communicate a clear, inspiring vision and translate that vision into a practical, results focused action plan.
- Ability to act as a change agent with an open and flexible approach. Strong skills to build credibility and partnerships.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including ability to present to executive decision makers.
- Strategic thinker with vision for the future; ability to “see around corners”.
- Strong blend of analytical decision making and creative problem solving.
- High competency in managing resources and projects to achieve goals with attention to detail, commitment to timing, and within the frame of available resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required; MBA strongly preferred
- Over 15 years of sales leadership experience, with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Demonstrated excellent ability to plan, assign, train and direct employees. Demonstrated ability to interview, hire and appraise employees.
- Experience participating with other senior leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Working background of Salesforce and/or other CRM tools.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.