Panasonic – UX Designer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a UX Designer you will collaborate with a small team of designers and engineers to build new mobile apps, services and a data platform from the ground-up. You will solve complex problems and craft intuitive, beautiful, and useful experiences. You will work equally between engineering, product management and program management.
- Interpret product requirements to design intuitive and useful experiences
- Assist in the production of wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, and user flows to effectively explore and communicate ideas.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of human behavior to communicate recommendations, rationalize design decisions, and advocate for users’ needs
- Apply and create UX patterns within an evolving design system
- Present and advocate work in design reviews and participate in team-wide design efforts
- Collaborate with the UX research team to conduct usability testing to ensure all designs meet user requirements
- Contribute to the product vision and strategy through storytelling
- Be an advocate for user centered design and assist in the creation of UX processes, methods, and culture to drive collaboration and innovation
- Prepare final designs and assets and collaborate with engineering to bring ideas to launch.
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience. Preferred: Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in design
- Experience designing and shipping software design experiences.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts and experience working with collaborators across time zones.
- Experience partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact.
- Experience with design tools to produce wireframes and high-fidelity mockups.
- Detail-oriented and eager to learn.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.