Panasonic – UX Design Intern
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
A successful UX Design Intern has a strong interest and passion for creating user-centered design solutions. This role is responsible for working alongside UX Researchers, Product Designer, and other team members effectively and also learning how to best contribute to the team and project. The UX Designer Intern has a strong, yet nimble grasp of theories, concepts and methods of design research and user-centered design which can be applied in a variety of contexts.
- Contributing to team ideation and learn and grow as a User Experience Designer
- Assist Product Design team is creating user interfaces, prototypes, UI library components, and other product deliverables
- Assist Research team in creating deliverables, including but not limited to personas, user journeys, workflows, user requirements, interview transcriptions
- Create custom graphics and iconography that will be used inside of connected vehicles
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction, visual communication, psychology, or related field OR has a strong interest in User Experience Design and has some sort of applied experience with projects and user-centered design methodologies.
- Preferred experience with software design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, After Effects, Adobe XD, Illustrator or any number of other related tools.
- Preferred knowledge of Usability Testing methods and how it is used in the UX industry.
- A true team player, looking to cross-collaborate and help out where needed.
- Strong desire to always want to learn something new and refine current skillset.
- Happiest when working in an innovative space with others.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and identify existing or potential problems.
- High proficiency in design thinking and human-centered design.
- Strong curiosity about technology and how it applies to and benefits humanity.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.