The User Experience/User Interface Engineer’s main responsibility is to serve as a technical expert in the areas of software development and programming related to manufacturing systems. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for the design, documentation, coding, unit testing, systems testing, and deployment of web and software applications. The individual works closely with other developers, analysts, and leadership to obtain regular feedback on design and development. Furthermore, periodic operational support and maintenance of the manufacturing system is expected from the Engineer.
- Plan and implement new designs and optimize existing user interface designs
- Define and deliver new features, translate concepts into prototypes, and iterate on interactions, and details to deliver the user experience
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Test for intuitively, experience, and efficient design in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Makes recommendations which yield improved performance and a more cost-effective product with elegant user interfaces
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Keeps up with industry trends and brings new ideas and innovative solutions
- Resolves customer problems and questions on site
- Trains technical and non-technical staff in how to use new software
- Ensure compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including SOX compliance
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
- Basic/Required: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or similar discipline, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience in an agile software development environment
- Experience in a data analysis language such as Python (preferred), R, or Matlab
- Deep expertise in React and other web-based UI frameworks
- Database and SQL experience is required
- Ability to learn new technologies, adapt to changing requirements and balance time across multiple projects
- Ability to work across the entire application stack, including database, middleware, and UI
- Self-starter who can work independently and be able to drive a project from inception through delivery
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing operations
- Able to influence change without direct authority
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving & communication skills
- Ability to identify and analyze data patterns and quality discrepancies
- Experience leading projects and coordinating with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Approachable and adaptable; this is a start-up where priorities are constantly changing
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- PL/SQL and Oracle 11g preferred
- Prior use of Node.js, a front-end framework, such as React or Angular, and a message-broker system such as Apache Kafka is preferred but not required
- Competent at Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab (or other similar software)
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Large scale data and database experience, a plus
- Prior manufacturing and/or SAP experience is desirable
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.