Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
We are currently working remotely until the end of 2021 and will be moving to new offices in Irvine when we return to the office.
Oversee global treasury functions. Implement and maintain treasury best practices in order to safeguard company assets minimize financial risks and comply with regulations. Ensure adequate financial liquidity so that the company may succeed in achieving its business goals.
- Monitor, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash flow
- Manage daily cash position to include daily cash management for all bank accounts to ensure bank account deposit limits
- Maintain and reconcile deposit position to banks and Oracle
- Manage and report Cash and FX position forecast
- Conduct weekly cash forecast meeting with respective groups
- Handles receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds
- Manage foreign currency purchases and FX spot trades
- Prepare/submit monthly and quarterly reporting requirements to PNA
- Move, void, amend, recall, and track payments, including preparation of related documentation
- Prepare monthly JPY hedge status reports and provide recommendation to Management
- Responsible for Oracle AR month end closing process
- Daily management, review and/or approval related to funding, payment, and deposit
- Manage all bank accounts to include requesting for new bank, opening, closing, adding/deleting check signers, grant online access for new users and remove users, etc.
- Bank signatory on all Panasonic Avionics bank accounts
- Review and approve Oracle EDI payments and online payments
- Obtain performance bonds, bank guarantees, standby letters of credit
- Maintains bank records, confirms data, and prepare FBAR reports.
- Manage banking relationships
- Prepare and test work for SOX audit and supporting external and internal audit schedules
- Manage, monitor, and report global locations for insurance
- Report property values to risk management and insurance brokers
- File insurance claims and collect refunds, if applicable
- Prepare insurance application and other related documents
- Obtain and distribute certificates of insurance
- Schedule and chair annual insurance meeting
Projects as Assigned
- Ability to comprehend broad business issues and accomplish objectives through others.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively, achieve commitments and deliver results.
- Possess a high level of financial integrity, strong discipline, and a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analyses
- Knowledge of banking and financial instruments
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize the work load
- Team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence people at all levels within and outside of the Company.
- Communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to establish positive relationships with management and outside audiences.
- Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience working and extracting information from various accounting platforms (ERP) also beneficial.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business is required.
- 5 years of progressive experience in treasury and insurance function with good knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Domestic and International travel 10% of time.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.