The Transportation Specialist may utilize applications such as H905 data platform and other tracking applications by carriers/forwarders to monitor shipment status.
Responsible for providing timely shipment status updates & coordinates recovery solution execution with the below parties to ensure ongoing operational success:
- Internal customers
- External customers
- Other service providers
- Supports end-to-end transportation processing and tracking from booking to final delivery on both international & domestic shipments.
- Facilitates communication and visibility alignment on operations between service providers and both internal/external customers
- Analyzes data trends to highlight potential opportunities for improvement within transportation process
- Collaborates with immediate Management & other related parties to develop and implement feasible/effective solutions and/or alternatives
- Coordinates w/ all carriers, forwarders, & other related service providers to review service performance & make continual improvements in order to meet evolving business needs
Education & Experience:
- College degree required with preference for business and logistics related fields.
- 2 years of experience in international & domestic transportation operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Effective communication across both verbal and written formats
- Ability to analyze & breakdown data/information to identify root cause and develop appropriate counter measures
- Demonstrated record of adaptability in changing business conditions
- Be a active promoter of collaborative team culture to meet strategic organizational targets
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Reports to immediate manager for direction and input
- Communicates with other import/export team members to coordinate/facilitate processing as needed
- Communicates with business units contacts and IT team to help uncover and address pending items
- Coordinate with external parties such as track & trace team and origin logistics group for support as needed
Other Requirements:●Approximately 10~20% travel may be required. (domestic/international)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.