Tool and Die Specialist Lead
The Tool and Die Specialist Lead role will lead the Tool and Die Specialist team in the Top Cap Press area. Will lead progressive stamping die set adjustment, maintenance, and repair activities. Accomplish cost, schedule, and quality objectives for press production. Will provide direction of daily operations, develop work assignments, assesses performance to meet program's quality, schedule and cost initiatives. Assign daily tasks and manages execution. Proactively drives continuous improvement and development of technical competencies, talent, and performance. Provides a safe work environment and takes timely corrective action to correct unsafe conditions.
• Create and implement die set maintenance and repair history tracking system.
• Develop and compile reference data, instructional documents, maintenance and repair procedures, etc. Implement and distribute throughout the team.
• Develop and implement daily work logs/end of shift reports. Ensure these reports are passed on to the management staff.
• Develop and implement training and evaluation materials. Plan and host training workshops. Drive the progression and advancement of other team members.
• Work directly with the purchase staff to establish spare parts lists, minimum stock quantities, and spare parts inventory tracking systems.
• Test, inspect, and evaluate products and spare parts from prospective suppliers.
• Track defect and failure trends over time. Develop and implement countermeasures.
• Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
• Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
• Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
• File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
• Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
• Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
• Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
• Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
• Experience in a mechanical field.
• Experience in a leadership role.
• 3+ years of experience working with progressive die sets and press stamping in a manufacturing environment.
• 3+ years of related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive wages and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
*The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.