Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
Call-to-Action Items: Apply NOW!, Next Steps, Sign-up for Talent Community, Referral Request, Connect with PAC via Social Media
Primarily responsible for the analysis, design and qualification of Panasonic’s LRUs from the standpoints of Thermal and Structural Rigidity to meet customer requirements.
- Perform thermal analysis on electronic assemblies (LRUs for In-Flight Entertainment) by utilizing classical hand calculations and computer models using heat transfer and modern CFD simulation techniques
- Perform board level as well as LRU level structural analysis on the said assemblies using strength of material, advanced vibration and thermo-mechanical theories and also computer simulations using FEA
- Provide direction to mechanical and electrical designers early on into the project (before PCB or sheet metal fabrication) to minimize/eradicate thermal and structural related design issues
- Attend critical design reviews to ensure thermal and structural suggestions were implemented properly. Verify nothing has changed in design to invalidate past findings
- Interface with airline seat vendors to understand installations configurations, foresee issues and develop solutions to system thermal challenges
- Work with test engineer/technicians to define test setup and perform thermal/structural tests to correlate simulation with test results
- Generate presentations and analysis reports for internal and external customers with emphasis on design issues and proposed fixes while meeting tight schedules and strict cost targets
- Create and regularly update analysis process handbook for the analysis group and also maintain and implement “lessons learnt” for designers, yourself and other analysts
- Requires strong analytical skills and thorough understanding of Heat Transfer, CFD, Strength of Material, Structural Dynamics, FEA and Vibration Fundamentals through graduate coursework and work experience
- Experience in commercial CFD/Thermal simulation tools preferably ANSYS Icepak
- Prior experience in structural analysis using FEA software - ANSYS Mechanical/Workbench
- Experience in using CAD software
- Should be able to operate thermal chambers and vibration shaker tables
- Should be able to design and construct test fixtures to validate simulation results
- Knowledge of RTCA/DO-160G, Airbus and Boeing requirements a plus
- Highly adept in determining and developing requirements from specifications, oral instructions, or preliminary sketches
- Ability to develop and implement analysis and test methods/procedures under the supervision of Management
- Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways
- Exemplary technical writing ability to prepare reports and documentation for submission to management and customers
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact within the team and outside the team
- Strong organizational skills to be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factorsDemonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- 0-4 years’ of experience in areas such as Electronics Packaging, Computer/Laptop/Ultra mobile PC design, thermal, strength of materials, properties of materials and machine design
- 0-4 years’ of CFD and FEA experience
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.