Ensure all material moving through the testing processes conform to corporate engineering and customer specifications. Additionally, will support and implement containment for quality related concerns by adding additional testing, collecting and analyzing data and monitoring containment for effectiveness.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Develop cost effective test solutions (including test scripts) for product inspections focusing on minimizing cycle time while ensuring First Pass Yield (FPY) meets operational standards.
- Design test systems to match requirements set forth by engineering by performing and documenting a gap analysis comparing engineering requirements to ensure all items are covered.
- Maximize test equipment availability to ensure minimal line down situations.
- Drive activities related to cycle time reduction, yield improvement, and error-proofing.
- Specify and review test fixturing ensure testing needs are met without posing an additional risk to quality or damaging the product.
- Optimize replication of thumb drives for reflash events, minimizing opportunity for error.
- Analyze production data driven by quality needs (i.e., quality failures) to guide decision-making.
- Implements temporary ad hoc containment testing to screen potential defects once a quality issue has been identified.
- Will set up, maintain, and calibrate test inspection equipment with little or no supervision.
- Prepares information as needed in the test system documentation process, including traceability.
- Assists Quality in determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate test equipment.
- Provides assistance and technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Four-year college degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and a minimum of (3) three years related experience
- Experience in system level design work and knowledge of the various areas within the Electrical Engineering discipline preferred
- Experience with determining component requirements appropriate to test systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
BENEFITS & PERKS – WE’RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
- Great Medical / Dental Benefits
- Company-Matched 401K Retirement Savings
- Annual Bonus Program
- Educational Assistance &Reimbursement Program
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Onsite Recreation Center & Café
- PASATalksSpeaker Summits
- Leadership & Mentorship Programs
- High5 Reward Recognition Program
- Onsite Happy Hours!
- And many more benefits & perks found within the ‘Our Culture’ section…
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.