Panasonic – Account Manager
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:The Territory Account Manager is responsible for identifying, developing and closing sales of Panasonic Rugged Laptops, Tablets, Handhelds, Mobility Products and Services to the United States Navy and other Non Uniformed agencies of the Department of Defense agencies in an assigned territory including Navy. This hard charging, proactive and independent sales professional will use their 5-10 years of direct sales experience in the technology industry to drive incremental business of Panasonic Solutions including hardware, software and services. The TAM will develop, implement and manage a strategic business and sales plan for their given region. We are looking for previous Navy experience and the candidate must possess direct knowledge of navy Command Structure, Programs related to Rugged and Semi Rugged Mobility, and other Navy acquisition methodologies.
Selling/Account Management/Customer Service:
- Attain minimum of 100% of assigned sales quota
- Develop business and relationships with Assigned End Users and VAR's through close communications and personal visits.
- Promote new and key products to this customer base through demonstrations and presentations.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing programs to develop increased awareness & demand for our products.
- Maintain records of customer information & performance. Establish goals and track performance to objectives
- Manage customer service issues to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and retention
- Develop & identify new end user opportunities through prospecting and key end user calls and demos to meet the company objectives of pipeline development.
- Work with VAR's as much as possible to help develop this new business through the dealer channel
- Maintain data base of calls to prospects for future use and communications
- Attend trade shows and events to identify new prospects
- Establish relationships with PCSC 'Synergy Partners' to expand sales reach and prospect base
- Provide timely, accurate & complete sales reports and forecasts. Attend required sales conference calls
- Give thorough market feedback to management
- Give a high degree of attention to individual ASR performance against the assigned business plan
- Plan activities, agendas, programs with achieving business budget always in mind
- Give high attention to the plan numbers, current and projected performance to that plan
- Maintain a high level of product technical knowledge
- Maintain a high level of competitive product awareness
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge in the specific needs of the company focused vertical market sectors
- Maintain awareness of changes in technologies and communicate this knowledge on to your dealers/customers
What You’ll Bring:
an individual contributor position, with expected sales revenue (quota) to be $19M for the full fiscal year.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent
- 3+ Years direct end user technology sales to the Navy or other DoD agencies
- Work with established team to handle complex sales to the United States Navy and Non-Uniformed DoD accounts.
- Must have strong communications skills to include presentation experience to groups of 20+ people
- 50% - 75% travel required
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.