For more information on what's happening locally at Panasonic, visit and like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicSolar/
Panasonic Corporation is working to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) modules and cells for solar panels at Tesla’s factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role is to manufacture and supply our SHJ (Silicon Heterojunction) PV cells and modules that feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics, which result in more power than similarly rated solar panels.
This collaboration makes optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
As a valued partner and strong customer of Panasonic, Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment for products manufactured at the Riverbend factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration and grow with it as operations continue to expand.
The most successful employees at PSNA are results driven and able to continuously adapt to an ever-changing startup environment. They report to work on time and never settle for anything less than the best. They work well in a team environment but also have the drive to succeed when they are on their own. A strong focus on fairness and honesty with a humble attitude are what defines our top performers. Is that you?
Currently, PSNA has an immediate opening for a 3rd Shift Cell Technician.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Key tasks with respect to the Cell Production Department:
- Test equipment for functionality or quality
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment per the guidance of equipment engineers
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products
- Repair equipment as necessary
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity
- Assist engineers in developing, building, or testing prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures
- Maintain inventory of job materials
- Set up and verify the functionality of safety equipment
- Install new equipment
- Responsible KPI performance
- Support the manufacturing division
- Support production activities
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Engineering-based vocational school, college degree and above, preferred
- Experience in repairing and managing manufacturing equipment
- Strong awareness for safety
- Basic PC operation
- Data aggregation and analytical skills
- Machine maintenance
- Problem solving
- Collaboration with relevant divisions
- Knowledge of PLC, hydraulic and vacuum technologies and the ability to diagnose the mechanical, electrical and programming failure of equipment
- Knowledge of and experience working with chemicals
- Explain things logically
- Develop interpersonal relationships through various forms of communication (i.e. spoken, written etc)
- Ability to respond to inquiries from superiors and employees
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds, transporting work
- Handles general chemicals and gas used in solar cell manufacturing
- The noise level of working environment is usually moderate
- Shift work
Clean Room Environment:
Candidates must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
No cosmetics shall be worn in the cleanrooms. This includes: lipstick, eye shadow, eyebrow pencil, mascara, eye liner, false eye lashes, fingernail polish, hair spray, mousse, or the heavy use of aerosols, after shaves and perfumes.
This position will require exposure to strong magnets that will interfere with pacemaker/defibrillator function. For safety reasons, candidates with a pacemaker/defibrillator cannot be considered for this position.
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA).