Identify, develop, implement and maintain programs and processes designed to support the recruitment, advancement, engagement and bench strength of technician staff of Hussmann, through quality partnerships with vocational/industrial schools, organizations and technical institutions.
- Partner with district leaders and recruitment team to complete continuous needs assessments to identify gaps in skills and talent for a specific area of their business.
- Manage the educational portion of the TechX Program through the development and sustainment of all course related information - both curriculum and corresponding mechanical requirements.
- Identify, establish and maintain partnerships with vocational training facilities and organizations, including assessment of the academic value of the establishment, preparation of requests and oversight of partnership requirements including funds, donations and training program development.
- Act as a liaison with technical/vocational/industrial schools and organizations to develop and maintain partnerships based upon the academic offerings in an effort to provide a resource to fill the gaps with the technician base in the branches.
- Develop and administer specific partnership programs such as mentor ships, scholarships and on-the-job enhanced training, to support the continued development of the technician recruitment pipeline.
- Maintain and continue development of Apprenticeship Program to promote continuity within the participating Districts, including acting as the liaison for the organization with the Dept of Labor and other sponsoring state organizations.
- Continuous monitoring, review and evaluation of effectiveness of technical programs and partnerships, including assessment of academic requirements, quality of training program and instructors, needs of facility and/or potential expansion opportunities to promote refrigeration education.
- Assist in the development of and drive the promotion of internal technician training programs through Hussmann Institute Online, based upon needs assessment and identified skill gaps in the branches and districts.
- Drive the development and implementation of technician on boarding program with district leadership teams to include skill-based assessment, presentation of expectations, and clarification of tools and equipment.
- Develop and maintain metrics and scorecards to be presented on a quarterly basis for each of the identified programs to show success and promote sustainability.
FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
Required Level: Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or closely related field, OR Associates Degree with minimum of three years of technical training experience and/or training in addition to the experience listed below.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE NECESSARY: 8 years of progressive experience in technical training with at least 3 years managing a learning/training program.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: (e.g. physical demands, confidentiality requirements, travel requirements)
Strong organizational, multitasking and project management skills.
Demonstrated understanding and experience of Mechanical and Commercial Refrigeration, HVAC, and Electronic Controls.
Valid Driver’s License with ability to secure insurance.
Ability to walk, climb ladders, lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs.
Ability to travel.
Must be able to work flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends when required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.