For more information on what's happening locally at Panasonic, visit and like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PanasonicSolar/
Panasonic Corporation is working to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) modules and cells for solar panels at Tesla’s factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role is to manufacture and supply our SHJ (Silicon Heterojunction) PV cells and modules that feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics, which result in more power than similarly rated solar panels.
This collaboration makes optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
As a valued partner and strong customer of Panasonic, Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment for products manufactured at the Riverbend factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration and grow with it as operations continue to expand.
The most successful employees at PSNA are results driven and able to continuously adapt to an ever-changing startup environment. They report to work on time and never settle for anything less than the best. They work well in a team environment but also have the drive to succeed when they are on their own. A strong focus on fairness and honesty with a humble attitude are what defines our top performers. Is that you?
Currently, PSNA has an immediate opening available for a Day Shift Technician in our Module Production area.
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Key tasks with respect to the Module Production Department:
- Diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, and programming failures of equipment
- Understand the latest information on product specifications, engineering technology and production processes
- Report any equipment issues to Supervisors
- Work closely with Engineering equipment team
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during PM schedule to minimize downtime
- Perform mechanical duties including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics, and Standard Operating Procedures to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems. Adjust, repair, or replace components and test to return the equipment to a stable running condition
- Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on all production equipment
- Detect and communicate faulty operations or equipment issues to proper supervision in a timely manner
- Strong mechanical ability to analyze equipment and then repair equipment.
- Operate equipment as directed by supervisor
- Comply with Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Safety Policy or other policy, which are enforced by the Company
- No direct reports
- Reports to the maintenance supervisor
- Support production activities
- Works closely with Equipment Engineers
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Engineering-based vocational school or college degree is desirable but not necessary
- 4-5 years of manufacturing repair experience, preferred
- Employee must have a strong sense of urgency
- Strong awareness for safety
- Machine maintenance
- Basic soldering and crimping
- Knowledge of PLC, pneumatics, and vacuum technologies and the ability to diagnose the mechanical, electrical and programming failure of equipment
- Experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing complex machines
- PC operation/software trouble shooting
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Collaboration with other production team members
- Explain things logically to employees at all levels
- Develop interpersonal relationships through various forms of communication (i.e. spoken, written etc)
- Ability to respond to inquiries from superiors and employees
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds, transporting work
- The noise level of working environment is usually moderate
- Day Shift – 7am – 7pm, four days on four days off
The production team operates on a 12-hour shift schedule, four days on and four days off. (weekends and holidays included)
What We Offer:
- Family-like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Solar North America (PSNA).