Organize, write, edit and publish operational, instructional, and engineering documentation using established standards for format, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Integrate state-of-the-art publication technology with customer requirements and system capabilities to develop unique processes and procedures. Provide leadership to other team members and subcontractors in writing and/or editing activities and serve as the primary technical publications focal point for major development efforts.
- Write and/or revise and edit a variety of technical documents in support of In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) and Cabin Services systems, components and test equipment.
- Coordinate work activity status and schedule to achieve customer requirements and delivery schedules.
- Analyze all available source data, such as drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, engineering hardware and software documentation, test reports, and commercial specifications; and create the most appropriate method of presentation in the applicable technical publication.
- Verify that publications meet technical requirements and specifications, and resolve conflicts by working with customers and other organizations to ensure deliverables comply with requirements, and validate publications in the field.
- Ensure the technical accuracy, adequacy, and quality of technical publications by applying quality control processes and checks during product development; coordinating review of publication products with customers and other organizations; and classifying and tracking discrepancies noted through the review process.
- Involved in engineering activities to support the exchange of engineering and technical data.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, charts, wiring diagrams, schematics, and assembly/test procedures or reports.
- Expert knowledge of computing publishing and authoring systems and electronic publications; technical writing practices, graphics, and program applications.
- Experienced in XML or AI would be beneficial.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project team(s) and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
- Develop solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives, or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific end product.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Use expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to set priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Completion of related trade school program, AA, or equivalent external training.
- Greater than 3 years’ of technical writing experience within an hardware engineering organization.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.