Technical Writer II
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
Organize, write, edit and publish operational, instructional, and maintenance documentation using established standards for format, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. May provide guidance and direction to junior technical writers and ensure that technical publications meet all specifications and customer requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE:
- Write and/or revise and edit a variety of technical documents in support of In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) and Cabin Services systems, components and test equipment.
- Coordinate work activity status and schedule to achieve customer requirements and delivery schedules.
- Analyze all available source data, such as drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, engineering hardware and software documentation, test reports, and commercial specifications; and create the most appropriate method of presentation in the applicable technical publication.
- Verify that publications meet technical requirements and specifications, and resolve conflicts by working with customers and other organizations to ensure deliverables comply with requirements, and validate publications in the field.
- Ensure the technical accuracy, adequacy, and quality of technical publications by applying quality control processes and checks during product development; coordinating review of publication products with customers and other organizations; and classifying and tracking discrepancies noted through the review process.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Position requires a thorough knowledge of commercial aviation documentation and guidance specifications (i.e. ATA iSpec2200, S1000D, ASD-Simplified Technical English).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, charts, wiring diagrams, schematics, and assembly/test procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of technical writing practices, computing systems, databases, graphics, and program applications.
- Proficient in authoring tools.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to set priorities.
- Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal and/or external dependencies.
- Knowledgeable with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Use professional concepts while applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Use clearly demonstrable skills as an experienced professional within Technical Publications.
- Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of an end product.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Completion of related trade school program, AA, or equivalent external training.
- 3-6 years’ of technical writing experience within an engineering organization.