Technical Training Specialist I (Maintenance 6:30am-3:00pm Mon-Fri)
Shift: Day Shift 6:30am-3:00pm, Monday-Friday
The Technical Training Specialist I is responsible for training maintenance technicians on MPI’s/SWI’s and maintenance processes, tracking of technical training, training of one-off training class/course, and to support continuous improvement projects within the maintenance department.
- MPI Refinement
- Training maintenance technicians on MPI’s/SWI’s
- Development and facilitation of training plans
- Attend/Contribute to Continuous Improvement Projects/Meetings
- Work with team to improve and complete 6S projects
- Training Record Tracking
- LMS Data Entry
- Assist with New Hire Orientation/Onboarding for maintenance technicians
- Asset Management Data Entry/Training
- Continuous Improvement
- Support Peer Trainer System
- Other duties as assigned
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred: Associates Degree or equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of SWI/MPI benefits and structure
- Completion of Training Skills Workshop Course
- Pass Level I Skills Gap Competency Test - Required
- Able to learn, perform, and train MPI/SWI’s
- Able to identify continuous improvement and cost savings opportunities
- Basic knowledge level of Microsoft Office (Can send emails, create basic Excel spreadsheets and power points, and send Outlook calendar invites)
- Basic understanding of the 6S program
- Able to understand and perform equipment tool control, equipment tracking programs, and perform tool/equipment control audits
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Assist with New Hire Onboarding Orientation
- Review and update training materials and technical documentation as appropriate
- LOTO Certification
- Prior experience in a manufacturing maintenance department
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in a training department
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- HPC/HPL Class completion
- Yellow Belt Certification
- Job Instruction Course completion
- SWI Training Course completion
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 30%
- Walk: 40%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.