Technical Specialist (Events)
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
We are currently working remotely until March 2022 and will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine.
This position is responsible for taking a leading role in the interactive and software activities for all demos and events.
- Coordinate and execute requirements, assembly, testing and logistics of internal and external product demo requests.
- Focal point for software development, integration and problem investigation for all assigned demo equipment/systems.
- Troubleshoot and analyzing root cause of any demo anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
- Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing demo systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the Software Development groups.
- Assist in developing test plans and procedures to validate demo system requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining the Demo lab and equipment. Manage existing department equipment inventory (on-site and off-site) which includes maintaining inventory documentation and monitoring, stock levels of applicable equipment and parts.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years in software/system engineering, development and/or software/hardware testing preferred.
- A background in software applications, programming and debugging including Unix/Linux & Android preferred.
- IFE and/or Avionics experience preferred.
- A technical background in development and test.
- Basic understanding of systems administrator capabilities and command language for Linux and Android OS is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage complex projects.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work out issues with various teams within the company.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various departments and teams and work with cross functional groups within the company.
- Flexible and able to adjust to changes or new assignments.
- Ability to anticipate risks and adjust/implement procedures to minimize exposure.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Travel domestically and internationally to support the set-up and installation of product demonstrations at various locations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs to help support setup of demo events.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to work for long periods when onsite at trade shows which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year plus a paid company-wide shut down in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year.
- Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.