Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry.
As the TSR, you will work closely with multiple departments to provide on-site technical support, reporting, and maintenance planning of servicing to Panasonic IFE/GCS (In Flight Entertainment/Global Communication Services) products installed, or being progressively installed on customer aircraft, and PTS line maintenance activities.Your key responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to maintenance staff on all aspects of IFE/GCS installation, maintenance, and support activities
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting, utilizing full understanding of cross-functional departmental process dependencies and the full range of service provider services that may impact overall system performance for resolution system issues
- Create, execute and monitor tasks using the Panasonic Ticketing system assigned to the station or TSR
- Coordinate new system introductions and new customer entry into service technical requirements
- Monitor the program schedule commitments in coordination with Service Program Manager and assist in addressing possible impacts or changes
- Assist in the development of Preventative Maintenance programs
- Develop and maintain IFE/GCS system performance reporting criteria for Panasonic and customer stakeholders and assists in reporting system performance
- Interface between contracted MRO staff, Panasonic Product Safety Officer and Panasonic QA in all matters concerning air safety
- Supports software and hardware upgrades for the implementation of SB’s (Service Bulletins, etc
- Support media and content processing and delivery for line maintenance operations
- Represent Panasonic maintenance organization to the customer
- Flag and report improvements in the processes both at the customer facing side as well as within Panasonic
- Communicate and interface with relevant departments of the customer, primarily for production related processes and various Panasonic departments
- Support line maintenance operations on aircraft as required
- Document testing and repairs using appropriate computer based recording systems
- Works closely with MRO to monitor and track spare parts inventory
- Participate in implementing ISL’s (Information Service Letter), TIL’s (Technical Information letters) and Maintenance Memo’s and other Panasonic or contracted MRO documentation
- Complete all regulatory and company technical administration associated with controlled tasks
- Other duties as required
- 4-Year degree or relevant work experience in an aircraft maintenance or technical field support role, preferably in avionics
- A&P, FCC Class 1, EASA B1 and/or B2, with relevant type ratings (station dependent) highly preferred
- Knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements (EASA/FAA)
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with a software emphasis (Linux) and UNIX is a plus
- Hold a current and valid driver’s license
- Willing to travel locally and abroad, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required
- Willing to work on shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions, confined space and/or with varying noise level for extended periods
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
For a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
If you are ready to join us, click “Apply Now”.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo through extensive security checks for Airside access and pre-employment checks (e.g. background checks, drug and alcohol test check, etc).