Technical Services Representative-Chicago O'Hare Airport
Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings the entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills, and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The primary role is to provide on-site technical support of Panasonic IFE/GCS (In Flight Entertainment/Global Communication Services) products installed, or being progressively installed on customer aircraft. The additional responsibilties include technical leadership, direction or recommendations on work actions directly to the customer, third party MRO maintenance staff, the customer’s maintenance control organization, PTS OCC, MCC, or limited to a combination of organizations as appropriate to the service agreement and work processes. Ensure that work performance is at a standard to achieve the Panasonic performance availability guarantee as specified in the agreements. Works closely with CSE’s (Customer Support Engineer), TSE’s (Technical Support Engineer), Account Managers, Program Managers and other Panasonic support staff to ensure a successful IFE/GCS product installation or performance for the customer. Collect, synthesize and report on system performance metrics internally and externally to customers. Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with the customer. Work closely with multiple departments in maintenance provider organization to ensure their knowledge and effective operation of PAC IFE/GCS systems.
The salary or hourly wage range of $67,000 – $113,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to an individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
Aircraft IFE/GCS Maintenance and Support
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to maintenance staff on all aspects of IFE/GCS installation and maintenance activities.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving system issues, involving Panasonic Customer Support Engineers and Technical Support Engineers for resolution of systemic issues.
- Execute tasks generated by the Panasonic Ticketing system assigned to the TSR (Technical Service Rep), resolving interpretation differences.
- Monitors and supports tasks generated by the Panasonic Ticketing system and assigned to the station. Coordinate new system introductions and new customer entry into service technical requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting, utilizing a full understanding of cross-functional departmental process dependencies and the full range of service provider services that may impact overall system performance.
- Monitor the program schedule commitments in coordination with Service Program Manager and assist in addressing possible impacts or changes.
- Assist in the development of Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Develop and maintain IFE/GCS system performance reporting criteria for Panasonic and customer stakeholders.
- The interface between contracted MRO staff, Panasonic Product Safety Officer, and Panasonic QA in all matters concerning air safety.
- To support software and hardware upgrades for the implementation of SB’s (Service Bulletins, etc.
- Represents Panasonic Maintenance and Maintenance support organization to the customer.
- Communicate and interface with relevant departments of the customer, primarily for production-related processes and various Panasonic departments.
- To assist in reporting IFE/GCS system performance.
- Flag and report improvements in the processes both at the customer-facing side as well as within Panasonic.
- Document testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Works closely with MRO to monitor and track spare parts inventory.
- Participate in implementing SIL’s (Information Service Letter), TIL’s (Technical Information letters) Maintenance Memo’s and other Panasonic or contracted MRO documentation.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, and manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instructions.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of engineering applications for technical communications and training purposes.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting is generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience, or technical school education combined with a minimum of 8 years of related industry experience.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- As a skilled specialist completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on time.
- Must be fluent in English or appropriate language (location specific) both spoken and written and be able to convey highly technical terms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with a software emphasis (Linux).
- Intermediate knowledge of LINUX and UNIX is a plus.
- A good understanding of PC networks and configuration, multiplexed or software-controlled systems with knowledge of computer hardware.
- Knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements (EASA/FAA).
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be experienced in the ability to deliver technical coaching and training.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks for Airside access.
- Legal right to work in the location assigned.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 10 % of the time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder or platform, endure sitting, standing, bending, or twisting for extended periods, and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels
- A&P, FCC Class 1, EASA B1 and/or B2, with relevant type ratings (station dependent) highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in (aircraft) avionics, possibly with satellite communications and satellite network troubleshooting.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company-paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employees, spouse, and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.