We seek a Technical Services Representative to provide on-site technical support of Panasonic IFE/GCS (In-Flight Entertainment/Global Communication Services) products installed or being progressively installed on customer aircraft in Beirut, Lebanon. The role holder will collect, synthesize, and report on system performance metrics internally and externally and develop/maintain an excellent working relationship with the customer.
Aircraft IFE/GCS Maintenance and Support
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to maintenance staff on all aspects of IFE/GCS installation and maintenance activities.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving system issues, involving Panasonic Customer Support Engineers and Technical Support Engineers for resolution of systemic issues.
- Execute tasks generated by the Panasonic Ticketing system assigned to the TSR (Technical Service Rep), resolving interpretation differences.
- Monitors and supports tasks generated by the Panasonic Ticketing system and assigned to the station. Coordinate new system introductions and new customer entry into service technical requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting, utilizing a full understanding of cross-functional departmental process dependencies and the full range of service provider services that may impact overall system performance.
- Monitor the program schedule commitments in coordination with Service Program Manager and assist in addressing possible impacts or changes.
- Assist in the development of Preventative Maintenance programs.
- Develop and maintain IFE/GCS system performance reporting criteria for Panasonic and customer stakeholders.
- Interface between contracted MRO staff, Panasonic Product Safety Officer, and Panasonic QA in all matters concerning air safety.
- To support software and hardware upgrades for the implementation of SB’s (Service Bulletins, etc.
- Represents Panasonic Maintenance and Maintenance support organization to the customer.
- Communicate and interface with relevant departments of the customer, primarily for production-related processes and various Panasonic departments.
- To assist in reporting IFE/GCS system performance.
- Flag and report improvements in the processes both at the customer-facing side as well as within Panasonic.
- Document testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Works closely with MRO to monitor and track spare parts inventory.
- Participate in implementing SIL’s (Information Service Letter), TIL’s (Technical Information letters) and Maintenance Memo’s and other Panasonic or contracted MRO
Education / Experience Requirements
- 4-Year degree or equivalent or relevant work experience.
- 4-7 years experience in aircraft maintenance or technical field support role, preferably in avionics.
- A&P, FCC Class 1, EASA B1 and/or B2, with relevant type ratings (station dependent), highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in (aircraft) avionics, possibly with satellite communications and satellite network troubleshooting.
Knowledge and skill requirements
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals, and to comprehend and follow verbal instructions.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of engineering applications for technical communications and training purposes.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience, or technical school education combined with a minimum of 8 years of related industry experience.
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Determines methods and procedures for new assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands the implications of work and make recommendations for solutions.
- As a skilled specialist completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on time.
- Must be fluent in English or appropriate language (location specific) both spoken and written and be able to convey highly technical terms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with a software emphasis (Linux).
- Intermediate knowledge of LINUX and UNIX is a plus.
- A good understanding of PC networks and configuration multiplexed or software-controlled systems with knowledge of computer hardware.
- Knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements (EASA/FAA).
- Must be customer service-oriented.
- Must be experienced in the ability to deliver technical coaching and training.
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks for Airside access.
- Legal right to work in the location assigned.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of the time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, and holidays.