Primary role is to provide on-site technical support of Panasonic IFE/GCS (In Flight Entertainment/Global Communication Services) products installed on customer aircraft. Additionally role includes technical leadership, direction or recommendations on work actions directly to the customer, third party MRO (Maintenance and Repair Organization) maintenance staff, the customer’s maintenance control organization, PTS (Panasonic Technical Services) OCC (Operational Control Canter), MCC (Maintenance Command Centre) or limited a combination of organizations as appropriate to the service agreement and work processes.
Works closely with CSE’s (Customer Support Engineer), TSE’s (Technical Support Engineer), Account Managers, Program Managers and other Panasonic support staff to ensure a successful IFE/GCS product installation or performance for the customer. Ensure that work performance is at a standard to achieve Panasonic performance availability guarantee as specified in the agreements. Collect, synthesize and report on system performance metrics internally and externally to the customer. Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with the customer. Work closely with multiple departments in maintenance provider organization to ensure their knowledge and effective operation of PAC IFE/GCS systems.
Aircraft IFE/GCS Maintenance and Support
Technical Guidance and Troubleshooting
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to maintenance staff on all aspects of IFE/GCS installations and maintenance activities.
- Develop and disseminate technical data to promote best practices.
- Provide accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries, as applicable.
- Utilizing available tools and applications to provide diagnostics to ensure timely issue resolution leading to root cause analysis.
- Communicate with, and support stakeholders within assigned programs to include;
- Attendance of operational meetings, as applicable
- Provision of internal and external system performance reports
- Customer/MRO Operational Interface
- Follow Panasonic and customer established processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand and use wiring schematics, diagrams and other engineering/aircraft documentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to manage individual assignments and participate in team planning activities.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Uses independent judgment to ensure projects/assignments are completed accurately and on-time.
- Must be fluent in English or appropriate language (STA specific) both spoken and written and be able to convey highly technical terms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with a software emphasis.
- Intermediate knowledge of LINUX.
- A good understanding of PC networks and configuration, multiplexed or software controlled systems with knowledge of computer hardware.
- Knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be capable to deliver technical coaching.
- Ability to multitask and apply priority to projects with adaptability and urgency while meeting timelines.
- Able to operate standard test equipment and tooling.
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience, or ICAO Type II AMEL
- 5-years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance or technical field support role, preferably in avionics, satellite communications and satellite network troubleshooting would be an advantage
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks for Airside access.
- Legal right to work in country assigned.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25% of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.