As a technical professional the Technical Services Engineer (TSE) is responsible for the performance of Panasonic Technical Services (PTS) programs, retrofit programs, and other regional technical activities and projects. A core responsibility of the TSE is to provide PTS Operations the tools required to close incidents as quickly as possible, serving as an escalation point to develop detailed and specific troubleshooting plans which identify an appropriate course of action for timely resolution.
In addition, providing insight into performance and technical advice to Operations Control Centers (OCC) and the Customer Performance Center (CPC) by review of the various data sources available. Ensuring PTS staff consistently uses the best technical and operational practices, and categorization of systemic or non-systemic while working closely with other PTS departments and Field Engineering (FE).
- Serve as a technical resource and escalation point to the PTS, for quick resolution to technical issues by providing detailed troubleshooting plans for all issues.
- Provide technical advice to operational sites via phone and other means, contributing to the knowledge base and coordinating with OCC/CPC.
- Plan support requirements for new system introductions and new customer entry into service technical requirements.
- Liaise with engineering groups to ensure that PTS actions are consistent with technical product developments and company processes; revise/write work instructions and other process documents.
- Review monitoring/analysis tools for problem aircraft and generally work to increase system/service performance by determining actions for PTS Operations.
- Identify and escalate systemic issues to FE/PSE, following through to resolution. Establish work around procedures within established channels until a permanent fix is established.
- Ensure that service requirements are given appropriate consideration when PAC makes technical decisions by providing input into various engineering departments (tooling, logistical issues, capabilities, etc.).
- Manage assigned projects by developing actions and a schedule for completion.
- Demonstrates knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of aviation technical publications methods and standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage projects, using independent judgment to ensure tasks are executed on-time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems and/or avionics.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with a software emphasis (Linux preferred).
- Self-driven and a high degree of initiative.
- 4 Year degree or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- A&P, FCC, or other regulatory certifications a plus.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in an aircraft maintenance or technical field support role, preferably in avionics.
- Experience with satellite based systems desirable.
- Ability to travel domestic and/or international up to 20% of the time.
- Working hour flexibility to support a global 24/7 organization.
- This position is based in Lake Forest, CA. Other PAC locations will be considered.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.