Accompany sales representatives to technically support the sales process with target customers for Refrigeration Systems area and/or specialty products. Participate & influence customer design reviews (technical discussions on installation design with customer’s engineers or consultants etc.). Develop tools to achieve greater market penetration as well as product conversion to higher margin products such as Protocol or to other new products executed/transacted through the equipment sales team. Subject matter expert on refrigeration systems in the industry. Knowledgeable on strengths & weaknesses across competition & industry. Setting up internal training or external seminars for customers.
- Achieve financial growth objectives assigned to region for product line.
- Collaborate effectively with equipment sales organization, application & design engineering teams, marketing and operations to develop strategy, data analysis, etc. for specific end-user customers.
- Provide support to develop product knowledge & skills development with regards to product line. Train Account Managers toward more result oriented & profit consciousness through programs of ‘value selling’ & ‘price to value’ etc. principles/concepts.
- Implement product marketing strategy in region by setting up & managing promotional programs as provided by marketing.
- Become an active conduit between manufacturing, product management & sales organization to ensure we deliver on customization agreed with customers.
- Actively participate in the small format STAR business development team targeting large strategic accounts for acquisition and organic revenue growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or related field) preferred
- 7+ years’ experience to include:
- Customer interfacing experience; individual needs to understand customer’s needs & decision-making processes.
- Technical sales which includes sales to dealers/distributors with standard products & pricing.
- Expertise in Refrigeration Systems & Technology; exposure to technical aspects of refrigeration system design.
- Expertise in Refrigeration Systems Controls and Remote Connectivity.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills allowing individual to coach/supervise/train/collaborate with field sales, engineers, etc.
- 50 to 60% travel involved; some international travel might be required.