Sales Specialist will partner with the sales representatives, including Hussmann’s Channel Partners, as the Product Expert to technically support the sales process as well as provide guidance on various food program initiatives with target customers for Specialty Products. Participate and influence the customer design review with technical discussions on installation design with customer’s engineers or consultants as well as product conversion to higher margin products. Subject matter expert on merchandising and service department programs, knowledgeable on the strengths and weaknesses across competition and industry. Setting up internal training or external seminars for customers and Hussmann Sales personnel on NPI, Market Trends and Value-add products within the portfolio. Work in conjunction with other internal business partners to achieve short term and longer-term customer solutions.
Also provide NPI input for competitive analysis, price points, value requirements, and targeted customers. Support on large bid pricing, competitor analysis, market price, best price to win business and maximize profit.
- Achieve financial growth objectives assigned to Small Format and STAR Accounts.
- Collaborate effectively with equipment sales organization, application and design engineering teams, marketing and operations to develop strategy, data analysis, for specific end-user customers.
- Provide support to develop product knowledge and skills development regarding product lines. Train sales professionals toward more result oriented and profit consciousness through programs of ‘value selling’ and ‘price to value’ etc. Principles/concepts.
- Implement product marketing strategy in region by setting up and managing promotional programs as provided by marketing.
- Become an active conduit between manufacturing, product management and sales organization to ensure we deliver on customization agreed with customers.
- An active member of STAR; Small Format’s business development team targeting large accounts for acquisition and organic growth.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or 4 years' direct selling/industry experience may be substituted for degree).
- Strong understanding of implementing and managing fast paced prepared food programs.
- Customer interfacing experience; individual needs to understand customer needs and decision-making processes.
- 8+ years’ experience of technical sales which includes sales to dealers/distributors with standard products and pricing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills allowing individual to coach and collaborate with field sales, engineers, consultants, etc.
- Basic understand of refrigeration systems and technologies required.
- 50-60% travel, some international travel might be required.