Technical Recruiters are responsible for sourcing, screening, and interviewing engineers and other technical positions for Panasonic at the Gigafactory. They must be exceptional at identifying top engineering specialists and distinguishing between the top 50% and the top 5% of talent within relevant fields.
- Conduct full-cycle recruiting from intake meeting with Hiring Managers through offer of employment and candidate onboarding
- Partner with business leaders and Hiring Managers to support operational engineering and technical hiring needs
- Facilitate all aspects of the interview process, including phone screening, interview scheduling, and candidate selection
- Coordinate with technical experts (engineering managers, senior engineers, project managers, smart factory, etc.) to pinpoint exact skillset needs for specialized technical roles
- Become familiar with the precise nature of each engineering function to identify ideal candidates for niche positions
- Conduct basic technical screening of candidates (such as science, smart factory or engineering concepts) to further narrow the field of candidates for hiring managers
- Coordinate with hiring managers to create hiring plans and strategies that are ambitious but reasonable in order to achieve company targets
- Act as a technical recruiting advisor to hiring managers, and provide items such as market data, salary data, and other metrics to inform data-driven hiring decisions
- Maintain a comprehensive and thorough understanding of the battery industry to identify candidate hot spots, find areas of hiring opportunity, and consider actions of competitors in engineering hiring
- Support hiring managers in writing technical job descriptions that best fit the needs and requirements for each position
- Participate in and plan networking, recruiting and hiring events
- Meet all goals related to key staffing metrics to include time-to-fill, new hire effectiveness etc
- Develop and maintain networking relationships with community organizations, colleges and universities, alumni organizations, industry organizations, employees and colleagues to help identify and source qualified talent
- Develop creative recruitment solutions and talent pipeline strategies
- Provide and ensure great candidate experiences
- Ensure that recruiting and hiring practices are compliant with all applicable local, state, and federal employment laws
- Perform other related duties as required
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. in a scientific or engineering field preferred)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English
- Minimum 3 years of corporate level technical recruiting experience. Experience to include supervisory/senior level recruiting for engineering, science, quality, and smart manufacturing roles
- Demonstrated track record in attracting, sourcing and selecting top talent
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to build partnerships and business relationships
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong technical skills to include Applicant Tracking Systems and MS Office
- Familiarity with basic principles of science and engineering, particularly concepts of chemistry, materials, and automation
- Prior experience in technical roles is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirement for- specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollments
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.