Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
PENA Battery Engineering team is responsible for the technical development and management of Panasonic’s state-of-art battery manufacturing process including electrode, winding, assembly, and formation. This role is a key member of Battery Engineering responsible for managing new product introduction (NPI) and other improvement projects.
- Coordinating with battery design, engineering, supply chain, and procurement teams to develop long term production strategies based on customer needs, emerging technologies, and business directions.
- Working closely with engineering teams for planning and executing NPI projects.
- Being responsible for managing any changes in scope or timeline of projects, and coordinating with other PENA functions (e.g. production, procurement).
- Being responsible for reactively prioritizing team’s workload, understanding causes of delays, and organizing activities to fix them.
- Utilizing strong financial acumen to understand stranded cost impacts.
- Being a strong influencer, thinking independently, and employing strong planning/prioritization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related engineering disciplines from a four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years of engineering project management experience in a production environment.
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and demonstrated general working knowledge of Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software tools.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to interact with senior management and work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities. Ability to influence others to move towards a common goal.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction and a focus on team success.
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach that consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness are required.
- MBA preferred.
- Prior knowledge on battery product development is a plus.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, LEAN principles, and other continuous improvement methodologies.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.