The Technical Project Manager will review and analyze the StoreConnect predictive analytics to provide our customers with better commercial refrigeration equipment (CRE) performance, quality and uptime while supporting the customers and service providers with the proper guidance for dispatching, predictive service, and maintenance requests.
Role and Responsibilities
- Establish new and updated protocols and procedures for entering in each service and/or maintenance request.
- Review and monitor data produced from assigned StoreConnect locations to provide branch and customer locations with the proper diagnosis of service needs.
- Determine the levels of escalation based on analysis to provide timelines for service providers to drive the technical service and/or maintenance response.
- Provide technical support and direction to assigned Field Technicians in diagnosing and resolving common customer issues regarding StoreConnect data and algorithms.
- Manage projects, by directing contact center and technician teams to drive the value proposition of StoreConnect.
- Develop and maintain strong branch, customer and technician relationships by providing highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to enable the success of StoreConnect solutions.
- Provides training and leadership for action items related to reducing customer and branch service costs, energy usage and preventative maintenance timing.
- Stay current or ahead of new products and technology. Know where to get the answers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent refrigeration technical experience required.
- 8 years of refrigeration technical experience
- Enhanced PC skills required (Microsoft Office/Outlook/Excel/Word/Etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of refrigeration systems preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude with advanced electrical/ electronic knowledge is preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple demands from internal and external customers
- Must exhibit determination in problem solving and issue investigation and resolution
- Good listener, collaborator, and alliance builder
- Willing to work flexible hours to support a 24/7/365 environment
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.