Software Engineer- Data Analytics will be responsible to work independently to analyze systems and gather software requirements to drive the research, design and development efforts for our state of the art In Flight Entertainment and Connectivity solutions. The Software Engineer will work with system level engineers and architects along with customer interfacing engineers and product owners to drive detailed software requirements following agile methods, that will create innovative solution for our market leading products. Candidate must have enthusiasm and curiosity to learn and should be ready to mentor Jr. Level Requirement Engineers and coach with them to deliver end to end solutions.
Requirement Analysis and Management
- Analyzes and independently creates detailed software requirements from product and system level specifications
- Reviews, evaluates, and analyzes system requirements, hardware requirements and third party interfaces
- Perform Data Analysis using Reporting tools on Aircraft data extracted from various hardware.
- Maintains software requirements through various change procedures efficiently through familiarity with software lifecycles
- Participates in Project/User Stories sizing meetings, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Estimates time effort in man hours for Requirement gathering and documenting Phase for a project or a Sprint.
- Collaborate with project management in planning out major development projects
- Collaborate with development and integration test teams to ensure necessary requirement engineering support through various software lifecycle phases
- Interface with product owners to understand system requirements to help define the software requirements specifications as a technical product owner
- Continuously improve the software requirement processes to ensure quality, timeliness and accuracy of requirements with input from all stake holders
- Mentors Jr. Requirement Engineers and advise them with the Industry best Requirement practice
Educations and Required Experience:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Agile methodology and scrum experience
- 8+ years of experience in systems analysis and requirement gathering
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 3+ experience in Analyzing Data and Reporting.
- 10% Travel Domestic or International
- Infotainment system development and testing experience highly desirable
- Experience with multimedia application development including streaming audio/video servers and clients highly desirable
- Experience in working with multi-function teams to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information
- Experience with TCP/IP network systems a must with network security methodologies highly desirable
- Experience in managing multiple priorities and make efficient use of given resources
- Experience in effectively interacting with Executive Management
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.