Technical Product Manager - Cloud
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO IN THIS CRITICAL ROLE:
The Cloud & IoT team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Technical Product Manager (Cloud) who will help define requirements and drive the execution of new cloud services (PaaS and SaaS) to build world-class, innovative experiences and solutions for Panasonic Avionics customer. You will need to understand customer requirements and be responsible for driving and synthesizing these into new product features and roadmaps. This position will create buy-in with both internal and external stakeholders and serve as a focal point within the organization regarding products, life cycle management, market, competition and strategy for a specific product line. You will create business requirements documents and work with development teams to scope, plan and build new features, tools and workflows. A successful candidate will have a passion for building and simplifying technical solutions and the entrepreneurial grit to get things done.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE: MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position products to achieve business objectives
- Develop pricing guidelines for cloud/IoT services, creating demand and achieving revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share goals
- Develop business cases and customer proposals for all new product opportunities
- Work with Sales / Commercial to develop accurate new product revenue forecasts
- Successfully champion product launches through requirements, development and commercialization
- Own the financial success of new products launched
- Understand and articulate customer needs, build associated business cases and prioritize product requirements; synthesize data from various sources to inform product decisions, alongside good intuition and prior experience
- Coordinate and synchronize product initiatives across different internal efforts by establishing shared vision and building consensus on common components
- Distill noise, clear bottlenecks and understand interdependencies to help define product priorities; collaborate cross-functionally on feature concepts
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units
- Explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Break down problems, document problem statements and estimate efforts
- Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences — internal teams, external partners and PAC's senior leadership
- Act as a mentor and role model for other junior product managers
- Act as a role model demonstrating the behaviors of teamwork, collaboration, and accountability and adhere to Panasonic principles of contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, and gratitude.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Passion for Cloud-PaaS, SaaS, IoT, Machine Learning and AI
- Ability to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Agile methodology
- Familiarity with experience prototyping and other creative ways to gather direct feedback early in the product development process
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up product decisions
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back product decisions
- The ability to manage chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to influence others
- Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis; quantitative analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track revenue results.
- Proficient in new product development process, lifecycle management, VOC, and development of business plans for products and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in diverse team environment, including coordination, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
- Demonstrated customer-centric focus, keenly aware of markets, trends, competition
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or math
- 12+ years of product management experience with a track record of building and launching successful products
- MS/MBA preferred
- Experience and a passion for Cloud-PaaS, SaaS, IoT, Machine Learning and AI
Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value: As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join: A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!