Panasonic – Architect and Technical Lead
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for the software architecture of a suite of commercial software products and solutions for security and surveillance systems that serve customers in a variety of domains including education, entertainment, manufacturing, transportation, and public safety. These systems include solutions that provide for the capture, storage, management, searching, analysis, and sharing of video, as well as the control of video and access control equipment.
Responsible for instructing and checking the work of other software staff to ensure software engineering practices, principles, and conventions are followed. Requires full technical knowledge and thorough understanding of business application of the project. Assists in, or leads, the planning, coordinating, measuring, monitoring, controlling, and reporting of projects to ensure that the development and maintenance of software is systematic, disciplined, and quantified.
Under general direction, participates as a high-level technical expert to apply a broad understanding of theories and principles of computer science, engineering, and technologies to create software architecture solutions. Analyzes, decomposes, and specifies architecture and requirements based upon understanding of business applications and engineering principles.
Software Development Activities:
- Perform architecture and design aspects of project.
- Active in the process of eliciting requirements, and responsive to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Act as team leader on projects.
- Provide technical leadership to the organization and development team for the successful implementation and test of product features.
- Act as a technical consultant to Product Management, Support, Services, and Testing organizations, as well as to other development teams.
- Contribute significantly to product roadmaps, estimation, planning, identification of risks and issues, and development status.
- Define strategies, guidelines, and goals for integration of components, product testing, and acceptance testing.
- Perform high-level requirements analysis and decomposition to assist with defining product architecture, requirements, and design, as well as system solutions.
- Able to develop and implement detailed, complex, highly-available, robust solutions for video technologies and applications.
- Employ software engineering methods and practices to create artifacts and documentation for the implementation and support of software products to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers.
- Demonstrate understanding and adherence to the software development process.
Software Support Activities:
- Work with customers and technical staff to resolve product issues, as well as systemic and cross-product problems.
- Independently resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Documentation, Collaboration, Coordination and Training:
- Support the creation of documentation, which may include user manuals, help documentation, tool tips, and training material.
- Assist in training less-experienced software staff.
- Make suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements.
- Work with software test teams to design and develop testing strategies.
Process Definition, Adherence, and Improvement:
- Research and recommend software tools and technologies to management.
- Actively engage in process improvements, quality initiatives, and execution of established processes.
- Assist with the definition, implementation, assessment, measurement, management, change, and improvement of the software process.
- Identify and assist in the management of intellectual property, third-party software, re-use, and compliance.
What You’ll Bring
Education & Experience:
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- MS Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience developing software in a professional or commercial environment, with at least 7 years of experience acting in a lead technical role.
- Experience with software development related to image and video processing.
- Experience with enterprise video management systems, access control, and integration with related products, as it pertains to video surveillance and security is a strong plus.
- Enterprise application development experience.
- Experience providing technical leadership to both local and remote resources for team sizes of ten or more engineers.
- System level engineering experience is desirable.
- Strong understanding of Object Orientated Design, as well as software architecture and design patterns.
- Experience with .NET, C#, and C++.
- Mobile App experience iOS (preferred), Android (desirable).
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Cloud experience, particularly SaaS and PaaS, preferred.
- Test automation experience.
- Security and vulnerability assessment experience.
- Occasional travel.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.