PENA is the number one lithium ion battery producer in the world and is developing the number one leadership team to match. Therefore, Panasonic is seeking a Talent Development Specialist, reporting to the Director of HPC and Talent Development (CCI) to facilitate, and support competency-based training initiatives for a growing employee base of over 4000 people. This role combines your skills and passion in training and facilitation to make a difference in a fast paced continuously improving organization.
- Assist with building and deploying training programs using adult learning methodologies to ensure maximum training results. (This will include various methods of training: instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, E-learning, etc.)
- Schedule and coordinate training classes to ensure knowledge is learned by identified timelines.
- Administer evaluations to measure and analyze the programs being trained for overall effectiveness and impact to the business.
- Build and maintain effective business relationships in support of talent development initiatives.
- Generate credibility with other functions and employees through engagement to identify learning and development needs that align with the company’s strategic goals.
- Be an advocate for our high-performance culture and work in tandem with the HPC team to further the HPC mindset.
- Bring your energy and creativity to a substantial, growing organization where the clay hasn’t set and the opportunities to make a mark are everywhere!
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Org Development, Instructional Design, or related field. Master’s degree in subject matter related to Learning & Development, Instructional Systems Design, Organizational Development, or other related field(s)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in training facilitation and coaching.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Understanding and experience in content development and instructional design including eLearning design and development using tools such as Articulate or similar.
- Ability to design and implement dedicated and competency-based career paths for technical and non-technical roles
- Technical proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Business Intelligence and other Analytics tools, as well as learning platforms such as LMS, LCMS, Camtasia, and Adobe Creative Suite to include Adobe Captivate or other such as Articulate.
- ATD, DDI, or other training certification preferred to demonstrate training development and facilitation proficiency.
- Experience with new hire orientation, leadership development, mentorship and coaching programs.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles including how to successfully train and present, including classroom management.
- Experience with multimedia production and systems to include digital video, on-demand programs, LMS systems and elearning.
- Genuineness of character. Humility and high self-confidence to listen without ego, and advocacy for the important things. Willing to roll-up sleeves. Positive energy.
- Project management skills and ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work with data and use it to improve and measure the Talent Development offerings.
- Demonstrated comfort in multi-national environments.
- Demonstrated capability to develop and deliver quality training and development solutions to an employee base - moves quickly through needs assessment to implementation with high standards of excellence.
- Flexibility – critical for a continuous improvement environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.