Responsible for assisting in engineering In-Flight Entertainment projects within the Airbus OEM group from an electrical/mechanical/seat design standpoint; from systems integration to installation. Provide advanced technical support to Airbus, airlines and suppliers and has technical project or product responsibility. Positively contribute to the enhancement and continual improvement of the relationships that exist between the customers and Panasonic.
- Onsite support to Airbus, other Suppliers and other Panasonic Avionics Departments for the complete integration of IFE systems from project phase to Aircraft delivery.
- Participate in Airbus Incoming Inspections (where necessary) and perform required Mechanical & Electrical Reworks.
- Troubleshoot and work to resolve system problems occurring on aircraft; for those that cannot be cleared locally document & report them to relevant departments within Panasonic and confirm these are followed through.
- Ensure replacement and shipment to repair shop of the defective part is performed in timely manner
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to Airbus and Airline in testing and operating the system, including during acceptance flights as necessary
- Follow procedures and understand quality standards
- Maintain customer satisfaction through accurate, detailed and timely responses to problems and queries, and elevate situations with Panasonic Management if and when required.
- Shares knowledge in terms of training, coaching and mentoring
- Work together with the different Airbus departments as necessary (i.e. such as but not limited to, Design Office, Procurement, Supply Chain management, Quality, Chief Engineering) in the definition of, clarification of, resolution of any issues (including the compliance to specifications and other such documents) that may occur relating to any Panasonic system or product supplied by Panasonic on Airbus aircrafts
- Ensure PAC Final Assembly Line (FAL) management are kept aware of any issues regarding the customer and Airbus satisfaction with regard to the product.
- Compile all required pieces of information all along the engineering and production phase of each aircraft in order to issue a Delivery Report.
- Liaise as necessary with various Panasonic Departments to achieve results such as PMO, OA, Marketing, Engineering, Contracts, Logistics and Repair shops
- Undertake any other duties reasonably required by Panasonic Avionics management.
- Knowledgeable of avionic component parts utilized in the design and manufacture of cable assemblies and sheet metal brackets (i.e. connectors, contacts, wire types, sheet metal materials, finish, etc.).
- Ability to apply knowledge of avionic structural/wiring/seat design to develop unique system solutions.
- Knowledge of electronics analog and digital avionics, PC, Data transmission, signal MPEG, Fiber optical technology, Video systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical Composite and Honeycomb structure.
- Microsoft Office skills (advanced) – Excel, Project, Word and Power Point
- Proficient in developing and implementing test methods and procedures.
- Solid understanding of aircraft and avionic terms.
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficient in project planning and ability to plan for internal and/or external dependencies.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Ability to work in a team environment and accept required roles and responsibilities.
- Must be capable of clearly identifiable contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors in a limited timeframe.
- Fluent in English and German (French a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional manner
- Ability to coach and train others.
- University Degree in Engineering.
- 5 - 7 years experience in similar environment of Engineering Maintenance and/or Repair
- Preference with experience in working with OEM/airlines
- Clean driving license.
- Ability to withstand daily test flights. Some lifting of moderately heavy equipment
- Travel 25% including, if necessary, at weekends