Support Systems Installation Group
- Support Program Management, Certification, Marketing and other departments to coordinate program requirements for complex programs requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
- Provide support for customer meetings, preliminary design review (PDR), critical design review (CDR), First Article Inspection (FAI), aircraft surveys, aircraft installations, etc.
- Review products and provide feedback Management.
- Coordinate design requirements and review applications for existing programs.
- Work with external engineering groups to integrate third-party vendor equipment with our systems.
- Provide training of staff for systems knowledge and design criteria to support aircraft installations.
- Develop standards and methods to increase efficiency and reduce departmental operating costs.
Engineer, Design and Develop System Installation Packages
- Engineer projects from a structural/wiring/seat integration design standpoint under the direction of management.
- Engineer and coordinate electrical, mechanical, seat system designs for new aircraft production and retrofit applications.
- Provide inputs to Drafters and less senior Engineers for systems design criteria to support aircraft installations.
- Provide guidance and direction for problem solving to Drafters and less senior Engineers.
- Review new products and provide feedback to Management.
- Oversee and engineer projects from a structural/wiring/seat integration design standpoint.
- Aid in on-board aircraft troubleshooting and coordination in the troubleshooting of issues.
- Generate work distribution to Systems Engineers and Drafters as required to support customer programs under management guidance.
- Support development of drawing/document standards per customer and regulatory agency requirements.
- Design and develop in-flight entertainment electrical/mechanical/seat installation engineering documentation to support airline customer’s requirements.
- Documentation includes aircraft wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, wire removal, structural installation, wiring routing drawings, seat configuration, and electrical load analysis reports, etc.
- Develop and implement drawing/document standards per customer and regulatory agency requirements.
- Track program design schedules and coordinate with other organizations to ensure on-time design deliverables.
- Possess an advanced level of understanding of airline regulatory guidelines and design requirements for aircraft wiring.
- Advanced knowledge of avionic component parts utilized in the design and manufacture of cable assemblies and sheet metal brackets (i.e. connectors, contacts, wire types, sheet metal materials, finish, etc.).
- Ability to apply knowledge of equipment, avionic wiring, seat and installation requirements to develop unique system solutions.
- Exhibit an advanced degree of understanding of aircraft and avionic terms.
- Proven ability to develop and implement test methods and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Provide leadership and/or technical direction to other engineers.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and monitor project schedules to ensure on-time delivery.
- Extensively modifies existing process, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
- Adept with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a product or project.
- Proven ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
- Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Work on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
- Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Possess strong business acumen and conduct oneself in a professional manner when dealing with customers, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Highly effective time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both written and verbally.
- BSEE, BSME or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- 10+ years’ of electrical/mechanical/seat design experience in the aircraft industry.
- Minimum of one year lead or supervisory experience is preferred.
- This position requires up to 30% domestic or international travel to support coordination meetings and program reviews at manufacturers.
*** Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.