We are looking to hire a Systems Engineer to act as the System Engineering Modeling & Simulation focal to support all wireless and wired product definition and architecture activities.
- Generate wired and wireless simulation models to
- support system architecture and requirement definition activities,
- predict system performance base on selected technology and other parameters,
- validate system performance, and
- provide feasibility analysis
- Maintain and update simulation model based on lab and field test results
- Coordinate, plan, and participate in lab / field testing as needed to collect required data to support modeling activity
- Present simulator result to executive mgmt, OEM and/or Airline customers
- Experienced in using and generating wired and wireless simulation / benchmark to evaluate cabin installation location, potential interference, standard compliance, system performance, passenger usage impact, and future product improvement by utilizing simulation tools such as Omnet++, NS-3, or equivalent.
- Experienced with Matlab model development and simulation.
- Detailed knowledge of at least one of the following wireless network protocols:
- WLAN (802.11)
- Bluetooth classic and Bluetooth low energy
- Cellular communications (3G, 4G, and/or 5G NR)
- Familiar with at least one of the following wireless test and measure tool
- WLAN passive coverage test using Fluke AirMagnet, Ascom TEMS or equivalent
- WLAN active coverage test using Fluke AirMagnet, Ascome TEMS, Ixia iXchariot or equivalent
- Cellular network passive and active tests using Ascome TEMS or equivalent
- General RF test equipment including RF signal generators, spectrum analyzers, RF power meters, etc.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- BS in an Engineering discipline
- 7+ plus years of experience in developing wired & wireless communications technologies for commercial aerospace or military defense applications.
Other Desired Skills
- Background in collocation and coexistence simulations and analysis
- Background in HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) application
- Experience in Cellular and WLAN network planning using iBwave or similar