This position is would be a remote opportunity reporting to Lake Forest, CA.
The System Engineer provides technical leadership for the program. They are responsible for creating and making certain technical requirements are achievable and then managing all technical activities to meet the requirements within the cost and schedule constraints of the program. They provide technical direction and clarification of requirements to the development teams and test personnel. They perform system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification. They attend technical interchange meetings with the team members, other program personnel, customers and suppliers, and they represent the organization in matters pertaining to the development of the project. They provide document reviews and resolve technical system engineering and integration issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform requirements analysis, requirements definition including allocations to lower level (subsystem, elements and components), requirements management and interface definition.
- Research, design and develop systems, in conjunction with software and hardware product development, applying principles and techniques of systems engineering, modeling and simulation and analysis
- Review the technical requirements and determine if the requirements are clear and unambiguous, achievable, measurable and will meet the application intended for the product.
- Negotiate requirements changes, if required
- Perform detailed functional and performance analysis for the system, subsystem or system elements and develop related recommendations and technical information for system interoperability and architecture impacts.
- Research and analyze data, such as vendor products, COTS components, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or applications.
- Perform detailed analysis and trade studies using the appropriate standards and author briefings, technical reports and strategy papers for senior leadership.
- 10+ years (as a Systems Engineer) demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record, including experience with communications system engineering.
- Knowledgeable with satellite and antenna communication technology is required. Basic knowledge of signal radiation and antenna pattern theory is desired.
- Experience in systems engineering functions including interface definition, requirements management and technical risk management
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles and theories.
- Understanding of architectures, margins and allocation of requirements to systems and subsystem levels.
- Experience in SE process development and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
- Experience with requirement management tool such as DOORS and/or Jama.
- Familiarity with military, FCC, FAA, and other industry standards.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems.
- A background in telecommunications, wireless and IEEE 802.11 networking.
- Solid working experience with Linux, Unix, Windows Server 2007/ 2013 operating systems
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MAC Networking protocols and standards, routing (OSPF, RIPv2,) site to site IPSec VPNs, multicast, testing of IP based Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices, applications and QoS (DSCP values)
- Experience with the configuration and operation of SNMP,SNMP OIDs, SNMP Traps, SNMP Set/Gets, Netflow and Syslog.
- Experience with internet optimization products/appliances such as caching, pre-fetch, compression, and others. Experience with Riverbed WAN Optimization products a plus
- Experience with designing, implementing and managing a complex environment of satellite and wireless network management tools
- BS. (MS Preferred) in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Math.
*** Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.