Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, and career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Support projects and development of new or enhanced programs with requirements definition, documentation, and communication of requirements, both internally and externally with customers. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
• Design requirements for new systems, new system configurations, sub-systems, software and products in support of projects and programs.
• Provide documentation of designs and requirements for new systems, new system configurations, sub-systems, software and products in support of projects and programs.
• Participate in design reviews of requirements implementation.
• Perform customer proposal development with system definition and functional requirements.
• Support prototype development of new systems, new system configurations, software and products.
• Provide technical direction to members of assigned work teams.
• Communicate system requirements for systems, new system configurations, sub-systems, software and products both internally and externally with the customer.
• Participate in customer discussions to ensure understanding and communication of the optimal technical solution.
What we are looking for:
- • Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, or another related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
• 5-10 years of experience in large-scale integrated systems.
- • Proven ability to effectively coordinate with engineering, sales, marketing, OEMs, and customers.
• Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
• Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
• Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
• Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
• Uses professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Develop solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. The analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives or based on an evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Use expertise, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Interact with senior internal and external personnel.
• Strong interpersonal skills, system-level definition capabilities, and customer service skills.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third-party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third-party customers, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.