Who we are:
Ever wonder who brings entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, and career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, skills and more.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
Lead the support efforts for projects and development of new or enhanced programs including requirements definition, documentation and communication of requirements, both internally and externally with customers. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
• Draft design specifications and develop requirements for new systems, new system configurations, sub-systems, software and products in support of complex projects and programs requiring extensive investigation and clarification.
• Prepare documentation of designs and requirements for new systems, new system configurations, sub-systems, software and products in support of complex projects and programs.
• Conduct design reviews of requirements implementation.
• Support customer proposal development with system definition and functional requirements.
• Provide prototype development of new systems, new system configurations, software and products.
• Provide leadership and/or technical direction to lower-level engineers, designers and support personnel as assigned.
• Communicate system requirements for systems, new system configurations, sub-systems, software and products both internally and externally with the customer.
• Participate in customer discussions to ensure understanding and communication of the optimal technical solution.
What we are looking for:
- • Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
• 10-15 years’ of experience in large scale integrated systems.
- • Proven ability to effectively coordinate efforts with engineering, sales, marketing, OEMs, and customers.
• Demonstrated experience providing identifiable technical contributions to the success of a product or project.
• Demonstrated ability to lead multi-function teams to achieve positive results and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
• Provide leadership and/or technical guidance to other engineers.
• Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies and associated logistics across multiple functions.
• Proven ability to develop technical approach or design, resource, allocation or time schedule on projects.
• Extensively modify existing processes, procedures or methods to develop appropriate solutions.
• Adept with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
• Use skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Work on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Ability to effectively interact with senior internal and external personnel.
• Strong interpersonal skills, system level definition capabilities, and customer service skills.
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspects in leading our industry are the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive and flexible benefits program.
- We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
- Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receive unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
- Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
- 401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
- Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety-sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.