ITC Global requires an experienced Systems Engineer to join their team in Aberdeen, Scotland.
As a Systems Engineer your responsibilities will be to analyze, design, install, configure, implement, maintain and support of custom solutions for ITC Customers. The Systems Engineering department provides the technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products and provide a superior level of technical support that benefit customers
As a Systems Engineer your duties will include:
- Work directly with internal teams in the design and delivery of remote communications projects regionally as well as globally.
- Customer facing Engineering role requiring frequent interaction with clients.
- Lead review and designs of Sales Order and/or customer RFP for customer requests
- Develop technical designs which enable ITC to deliver a reliable service to its customer base.
- Support technical fulfillment to customers, managing the interface with 3rd party (technical) partners.
- Lead complex technical escalations to closure for operations and customers.
Network Implementation and Documentation
- Collaborate with Network Engineers in the design and deployment of new services and/or enhancements to existing data and voice services.
- Design and develop products and services that add value to our clients business while outpacing the competition with technology and innovative services and solutions.
- Develop detailed documentation and implementation plans that can be executed with a high probability of success.
- Improve the availability and reliability of services provided across the network.
- Recommend innovative technical solutions that will enhance, increase levels of redundancy and survivability and add flexibility to existing global infrastructure and products/services.
- Comply with the requirements of the Safety Management System
- Conduct, attend and actively participate in safety and safety toolbox meetings as required
- Report incidents and hazards
- Participate in incident investigations
Your skills/ qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other related engineering degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on network engineering experience (Candidates with 6 or more years of experience are eligible for consideration, but this is not a senior level position.)
- Cisco certifications are a plus
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with routing protocols and configuration
- Strong grasp and experience in troubleshooting network and application protocols
- Strong understanding of data security concepts and best practices
- Proficiency on network platforms including:
- Cisco devices(routers, firewalls, and switches)
- Basic scripting knowledge; ex: Batch files, Powershell, Visual Basic scripting, etc.
- Detail-oriented with good verbal and written communication skills
- Staying on top of the latest and greatest in related technologies, and providing recommendations and suggestions to the team