Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is seeking ambitious engineers to lead the world’s largest lithium ion battery initiative. With superior battery designs and the fastest manufacturing lines in the world, Panasonic is producing millions of batteries per day at the Gigafactory to support Tesla’s electric vehicle and energy storage businesses. Panasonic invites you to join us in this ongoing full-scale effort to electrify our society. At PENA, engineers quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell technology and work to integrate that understanding with high speed, automated manufacturing methods to produce the highest performance and highest quality lithium ion batteries.
In this role, the Systems Engineer will serve as a technical expert in the areas of infrastructure related to manufacturing information systems. The engineer will identify methods and architect solutions to provide a high level of service to end-users of the application(s). This role will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot a rapidly expanding application system and its infrastructure. The Engineer will work closely with other engineers, analysts, and leadership to obtain regular feedback on design and execution. Additionally, the Engineer will provide periodic operational support and maintenance of the manufacturing systems.
What you'll get to do:
- Responsible for the maintenance, optimization, troubleshooting, upgrades, installation and documentation of infrastructure related to manufacturing applications which includes Linux® and Windows® servers, switches, firewalls, DNS, hypervisors/virtual servers, storage arrays, IPAM, access controls and related systems
- Administration of new and existing technologies, including the design, documentation, install, configuration, maintenance, integration, and testing of manufacturing related systems
- Works collaboratively with business users on hardware, middleware, and application requirements
- Collaborate with software developers, manufacturing engineers, DevOps engineers, analysts, and leadership to ensure the integrity of databases, application software and manufacturing data
- Performs regular system monitoring, verifying the integrity, health and availability of all systems and key processes, reviewing application and system logs, and ensuring completion of scheduled jobs
- Leads problem-solving efforts regarding system and service matters and if necessary, facilitates support with outside personnel, organizations, and/or vendors
- Monitor tech-industry trends, and brings new ideas and innovative solutions
- Develop new deliverables as needed based on operational requirements and following best practices for documentation and delivery
- Perform hardware and application troubleshooting as related to manufacturing process
- Configure and deploy devices and peripherals as necessary
- Resolves issues, problems and questions on-site assigned from a ticketing system
- Ensure compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including SOX compliance
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
What you'll bring:
- Basic: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, or similar discipline, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience in a large business or enterprise setting
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience in datacenter operations
- Technical experience in cloud infrastructure (such as AWS or Azure), enterprise networking, virtualization (such as VMware or Hyper-V), Storage Arrays and/or SANs, datacenter hardware and monitoring platforms
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Effectively train and advise users on information technology issues
- Prepare written documentation in a clear and concise style
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Creative thinker with attention to detail, strong analytical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Approachable and adaptable; this is a start-up where priorities are constantly changing
- Ability to work extended-hours or outside of normal business hours including weekends as needed
- Skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 50%
- Walk: 20%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone: Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 20 lbs.: Frequent
- Up to 35 lbs.: Frequent
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.):Frequent
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America
#LI- Sparks, NV