Panasonic – Systems Engineer
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Connected vehicles, along with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication (collectively known as V2X) are poised to radically transform the transportation industry. CIRRUS by Panasonic is a data aggregation and insights platform born in the Cloud that bridges the digital and physical worlds. The need for this bridge is becoming increasingly more important for Departments of Transportation and their Transportation Operation Centers and will directly impact the safety and efficiency of drivers on our roadways.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us
Cirrus V2X: https://na.panasonic.com/us/industries/intelligent-transportation
What You’ll Get to Do:
This role will lead the design, planning and deployment of Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) hardware for Panasonic’s V2X customer(s), including roadside infrastructure, aftermarket vehicle installations, and network backhaul. Main responsibilities include requirements management, documentation, review/approval, standards compliance, and validation for delivery to the customer, which also involves subcontractor and vendor oversight. In addition, this role will represent the hardware deployment team in customer meetings, including development and presentation of associated content.
- Manage V2X hardware/software development and deployment process, requirements development, documentation, plans, and associated approval process
- Work in concert with a Project Manager to write and manage Statement of Work (SOW) contracts and Request for Proposals (RFP) to obtain hardware per requirements and manage hardware install subcontractors
- Lead technical customer meetings and support Project Management meetings with hardware deployment content and status
- Work with installation team and/or Operations and Maintenance team to resolve any deployment issues and ensure continued operations
- Support ad-hoc management, customer, or contractor interactions, questions, and requests
- Identify future opportunities to support customers and extend V2X capabilities to advance market adoption, including participation in standards activities and industry events
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM field required
- 5-7 years related experience with requirements gathering and/or management
- Experience with government clients and contractor management
- Experience developing systems engineering documentation such as IEEE 1362 ConOps, IEEE 1233 Requirements documents, ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010 Architecture descriptions, and ISO/IEC/IEEE 29119-3 Test Plans/Reports.
- Experience with the development, deployment and/or support of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology such as V2X On-Board Units (OBU) and Roadside Units (RSU) is preferred.
- Experience applying appropriate national standards related to ITS solutions. Specific knowledge of DSRC/V2X standards in the US (e.g. IEEE 1609.x, SAE J2735, SAE 2945, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) and tools (e.g. Jira, Jama Connect) preferred.
- A candidate which is an INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and ability to manage meetings
- Self-starter with customer-focused mentality needing little direction to identify needs and solve problems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Technical skills required (MS Office, database skills – e.g. SQL, requirements management software)
- Data analysis and reporting skills
- GIS experience preferred
- Familiarity with modern PKI security models and security applications required for ITS systems preferred.
- Highly collaborative
- Clear, concise and timely communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to remain organized and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly to customers, suppliers, and within the team.
- Empathetic approach to communication to customers and stakeholders
- Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis.
- Can travel up to 25% (to customer and supplier sites)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.