In this role, the Systems Analyst will serve as a technical expert in systems operation for complex operating systems and applications supporting our manufacturing process. The Analyst works closely with users, staff, and engineers while acting as a liaison to software development teams and leadership. Additionally, the Analyst is responsible for evaluating design and implementing system changes and/or applications which support customer needs. This requires the ability to evaluate and assess customer requests to create specifications for application development and interfaces with third-party software. The analyst will support in the prototyping and evaluation of these solutions and plan for implementation. The individual will also troubleshoot software, correct data-entry errors, and provide periodic operational support and maintenance of the manufacturing and other integrated systems.
- Collaborate with customers to optimize output and ensure all systems are up-to-date and meet customer needs
- Responds to support requests during both business and non-business hours
- Monitor and maintain system health and integrity to ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical resources
- Partner with our development team to design and implement manufacturing solutions
- Identifies and corrects data-entry and/or workflow errors and performs regular maintenance
- Provide suggestions on the best possible solutions for any given problem
- Monitor tech-industry trends and brings new ideas and innovative solutions
- Support manufacturing staff and engineering teams with software or application issues
- Trains technical and non-technical staff in how to use new software and hardware obtained and/or developed
- Provide information and guidance on best practices and (as needed) update practices and/or Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) regarding the manufacturing applications)
- Ensure compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including SOX compliance
- Collaborate with production and business partners to evaluate current software solutions and identify improvements, and/or assist in the evaluation of other solutions
- Act as a liaison between manufacturing, engineering, support and software engineering teams regarding any issues, enhancements, or requests regarding new or existing systems
- Provide feedback, advice, and support regarding any new or existing projects
- Configure and deploy software, devices, equipment, and peripherals throughout the factory
- Basic: 2- or 4-year degree in IS/CS, or similar discipline, and/or equivalent related work experience
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 5+ years of technical experience in problem solving, data analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience working in a large-scale production or manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written), including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Effectively train and advise users on information technology issues
- Prepare written documentation in a clear and concise style
- Draw on creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to explore problems and provide innovative technical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and take the initiative to learn new tools and concepts quickly
- Creative thinker with attention to detail; strong analytical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Approachable and adaptable; this is a start-up where priorities are constantly shifting
- Team player who enjoys building relationships and collaboration
- Ability to learn quickly and handle many changing projects and requests
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Prior experience with Database systems, SQL, and complex manufacturing software systems is preferred
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) preferred
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.