Yohana is on a mission to help people find more balance and prioritize well-being. We create integrated software, services, and hardware specifically for modern families, to alleviate their mental load so they can feel present and connected. We are a fully funded independent subsidiary of Panasonic, one of the oldest purpose-driven brands in the world, with leadership from big tech (Google, Apple, Microsoft) as well as hypergrowth startups (Nest, Waymo, Casper).
First up is our Yohana Membership, which just launched in Seattle. It’s a personal assistant service designed for busy families – especially moms – to help lighten the mental load of having too much to do. It’s the first of many meaningful things we’re working on.
We’re building a positive, supportive culture from the ground up, where individuals and teams grow together. Maybe you should join us.
About The Role:
At Yohana, you will work in a small team of Hardware engineers while collaborating with Firmware Engineers, Algorithms Engineers, Product and Program Managers to define, prototype and integrate hardware technologies to support our consumer hardware roadmap. The System Integration Electrical Engineer owns the EE stack up through the full hardware product development cycle from concept to mass production. You need to be comfortable with ambiguity and be self-driven to execute with limited direction. If you love working directly on consumer-facing products and shipping what you build, we’d love to meet you.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Architect and define new hardware products in collaboration with the hardware product, program, and engineering teams
- Own schematic and layout development based on the architecture you have created
- Build prototypes, test setups, and characterize results: including test board development, and characterization report generation
- Propose signal processing and algorithm modules to deliver on user-facing features
- Develop and maintain comprehensive, multi-functional system models to inform design decisions
- Work closely with the mechanical and sensor engineering team for optimizing system design and balancing design trade-offs
- Create and execute plans to bring up, debug, and validate designs to achieve functional and performance goals
- Propose and negotiate cross-functional requirements, and accordingly write engineering requirement specifications (ERS) to guarantee module and system performance
- Business travel to support product development in a dynamic debugging and analysis environment
- Examine test item distributions, set manufacturing limits, and conduct failure analysis of units built at contract manufacturing sites
- Lead JDM/ODM/CM partners to effectively and efficiently complete product programs
What You’ll Bring:
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience shipping 2+ products that have landed on the market
- MS degree in Robotics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with various technologies, from working principles to commercially available solutions
- Experience with system prototyping that covers component selection, schematic design, PCB layout guidance, PCB bring up, and Firmware development
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% (pending removal of COVID-19 travel restrictions)
- Strong EE fundamentals and experience with analog/mixed-signal design
- Experience certifying solutions with regulatory bodies such as UL, FCC, etc.
- Ability to lead in a cross-functional engineering environment and mentor junior engineers
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a hyper-growth startup on a mission to make well-being attainable for modern families
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- 12 Company Holidays
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group and 1-on-1 Career Coaching
- Pet Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Catered Lunch & Snacks
- Discounts on Panasonic products ● Company Social Events
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest.