ITC Global, A Panasonic Company, is a leading provider of satellite communications to the energy, mining, maritime, hospitality and NGO markets. https://www.itcglobal.com/
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
The Network Engineer position is an individual contributor working independently and with teams on day to day technical activities, interfacing with experienced Engineers and Customer IT personnel on complex system performance and troubleshooting efforts. Network Engineers provide global IP network design and architecture solutions including, but not limited to: design and implementation specifications for service delivery platforms, hardware selection and standardization, inter-connecting networks, VLAN services, security issues, core network issues, customer facing telephony issues/VoIP infrastructure and associated hardware, design of customer facing network services. As part of the Network Engineering Team, the roles and responsibility include implementing network designs and configuring equipment as well as providing 3rd level escalation support for fault finding resolution. This role also includes providing pre-sales technical support to Sales which may include direct liaison with customer network specialists.
Design and maintain operational system updates
- Contributes to the development of customer facing solutions in coordination with Sales
- Engineering team, working to ensure proposed solution is valid and supportable.
- Ensure that all engineering parameters, needs, and client requirements are being fulfilled on a timely basis.
- Assist in the development of a data and voice (VoIP) strategy that will provide carrier-grade data and telephony services over satellite or other wireless technologies
- Collaborate with other Network Engineers around the globe in the design and deployment of new services and/or enhancements to existing voice services
- Assist in the development/refinement of the overall network security strategy and design
- Design and deploy services that are derived from the network and not tied to a single facility or contain a single point of failure
Technical focal to resolve operational issues
- Oversee/own and resolve complex technical issues with the operations of satellite network. Responsible to drive issues to closure
- Project manage technical issue resolutions that require cross functional teamwork
- Provide Level 3 (high level) technical support to the Network Operations Center
Coordinate ITC Interaction with PAC capacity and procurement teams
- Lead the coordination of network build out and changes between PAC and ITC infrastructure.
- Submit and process change request with internal PAC departments for network changes and identify systemic issues with 3rd party vendors
- Experience with Network Access Technologies including iDirect, Comtech SCPC and Carrier in Carrier technologies
- Extensive proven experience with satellite system design and operation
- iDirect modems or equivalent modems including both system operations and interface
- Satellite Link budgets, RF analysis, and coverage areas
- Knowledge and familiarity with iDirect DVB-S2
- Knowledge and familiarity with Automatic Beam Switching, iDirect, Newtech, Comtech a plus
- Antenna theory and design
- Wireless technologies (GSM, 3G, 802.11, …)
- Must have proven experience in the application of network design, development and implementation techniques communications systems that involve a variety of hardware and software suites.
- This Engineer must have end-to-end knowledge of various access technologies, RF Systems and networking protocols.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco software and hardware a must.
- CCIE certification preferred but may be substituted with equivalent knowledge of routing, switching, and VoIP
- Expert level experience and hands on working knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP)
- Extensive experience with WAN technologies (MPLS, Frame-Relay, etc.)
- Extensive experience with session border controllers, NAT/Firewall traversal, gatekeepers and call accounting techniques
- Possess strong team building skills that allow you to lead people from other groups for which you do not have authority.
- Independent problem-solving skills must be well-balanced with understanding of system/business vs. customer goals to ensure the best technical and business solution is reached.
- Works on complex issues with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively interact with customers and a diverse range of internal organizations.
- BS EE or 4-year technical degree is required (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, Physics, Mathematics) or equivalent work experience.
8+ years experience with satellite systems and RF engineering.
- Ability for 10-20% travel domestic and internationally as required.
- Ability to work On Call rotation
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.