The IT System Administrator is responsible for planning, implementing, upgrading, and monitoring all types of information technology (IT) to achieve high levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of business systems. Promotes automation of routine tasks to improve efficiency and repeatability. Performs routine to complex project and analytical work for technology such as physical servers, virtual servers, cloud infrastructure, application servers, cloud applications, web servers, database servers, networks, and communications systems. Functions as technical expert and service provider to business stakeholders. Applies knowledge, research, and routine to complex analysis to deliver robust technology services. Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform within an enterprise environment. The System Administrator will respond to incidents from minor to catastrophic in an on-call rotation.
- Provides outstanding customer-centered quality support and service ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Integrates and maintains servers and applications while working proactively with other IT staff to communicate and coordinate infrastructure changes
- Reviews, plans, and reports on server capacity and availability information and prioritizes and executes mitigation efforts of issues
- Analyzes, plans, and executes data conversions and migrations and coordinates application installations
- Performs file system configuration and management and creates, performs, and validates server backups and recovery procedures
- Performs system acceptance testing and performs quality assurance of business system user documentation and conducting complex analyses that relate to support personnel, business systems, while working in concert with IT staff, vendors, and contractors
- Scans systems for configuration baseline compliance, reports findings, and ensures that issues are remediated
- Architects database systems for high security and availability; monitors and tunes performance
- Maintains, migrates, and troubleshoots web servers and applications
- Troubleshooting complex issues and performing root cause analysis to find a permanent fix to both common and rare trouble instances
- Ensures compliance to all Panasonic policy and procedures including but not limited to SOX compliance
- Exercises good judgment by involving management in resolving customer issues as necessary
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a possibility and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High School degree or GED
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in IT/ Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience in complex systems design, implementing and supporting systems software and infrastructure in a medium to large enterprise
- Experience with installing and configuring a wide range of software including server, operating systems, office production software, proprietary software, utilities, and other application specific software
- Experience with both Windows and Linux
- Experience with backup, restore and recovery models
- Knowledge of high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options
- Experience working with and administering Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with VMWare and virtualization technology
- Experience with Data Storage (SAN/DAS)
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and other tools
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours to minimize impact on users
- Able to prioritize activities while supporting multiple projects
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English
- Experience with managing cloud-based server environments such as AWS, and Google Cloud
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Alignment to Panasonic’s seven (7) core principles (contribution to society, fairness and honesty, cooperation and team spirit, untiring effort for improvement, courtesy and humility, adaptability, gratitude)
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Tools and/or Equipment: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Keyboard/Computer: Continuous
- Office Equipment: Continuous
- Phone Continuous
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Occasional
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla at a massive battery factory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic's role at the Gigafactory is to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells to Tesla for their electric vehicles and energy storage systems.
Over the past few years, the Gigafactory has grown to the largest lithium-ion battery factory in the world. Together with our partner Tesla, we continue to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery space and accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy and transportation.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by producing the world’s safest, high quality, and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that is as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.
#LI- Reno, NV