Supplier Quality Manager
The Supply Quality Manager will lead end to end supplier quality management and manage all supplier quality relationships to ensure that all materials receipt from suppliers meet the required standard.
- Partner with Procurement to develop and manage Quality Agreements with supplier agreements.
- Be responsible for Supplier assessment, approval & compliance which includes supplier audits, and remediation plans as necessary
- Responsible for regulatory compliance audits of suppliers to ensure that the suppliers are following ISO standards.
- Responsible for processing all change controls and deviations from suppliers in scope as per the current procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing regulatory and technical information from suppliers as required ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Participate in the development of internal Supplier Quality processes to ensure they meet the requirements of the ISO Quality Standard.
- Set up quality goals and monitor failure rate in suppliers, drive supplier to produce high quality parts consistently, with improvement in yields quarter to quarter.
- Anticipate potential problems, identify the root cause, and resolves performance issues and problems with cross function team in production period that affect the reliability, manufacturability, or availability of components.
- Enforce 8D actions and hold suppliers accountable to timelines.
- Work with commodity management team to understand and highlight areas where quality and process within a specific supplier can be improved to reduce cost.
- Collaborate with Materials Engineering team for qualification of second or multiple sources. Review and approve request of engineering or production changes.
- Implement plan IQC for all critical raw materials and collaborate with procurement to negotiate “Samples In Advance”
- Develop supplier quality team and lead the team to improve quality of PENA products. Drive into Sub-tier suppliers for quality review and corrective actions when necessary and needed.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees, wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at PENA and may include equipment such as a full Tyvek suit, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, face mask, bump cap, and a full hazmat suit that includes a respirator.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: BSc/MSc in Sciences especially Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences and other related disciplines.
- Preferred: None
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in supplier quality, validation and/or technical quality management
- Certified quality auditor, preferred
- Knowledgeable and with rich experience in Mfg process (GMP, etc.), Quality performance management, Quality issue handling, etc.
- Strong ability to lead supplier qualification and process validation, supplier development and new project launch, trouble shooting and quality improvement.
- Solid understanding on quality tools such as statistical process control, Six Sigma and Lean tools such as Pareto charts/8D problem solving, FMEA, IQC, FAI (first article inspection), Cpk (statistical process capability), PAP, etc.
- Experienced in implementing processes to control and monitor supplier quality from qualification stage to mass production.
- Good influencing and negotiating skills to ensure implementation of appropriate standards, specifications, and agreements.
- Good verbal and written communications skills to ensure effective relay of issues, risks and opportunities so that these are well understood by all parties and that effective actions are put in place.
- Partner with R&D on new raw material development or on developments with EV technology
- Knowledge of quality tools such as non-conformance management, risk mitigation, PDCA or root cause analysis
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required