- Establishing quality control requirements with suppliers for the battery production process.
- Conducting investigations within production process to identify material root cause.
- Monitoring quality performance of raw materials upon receipt and within process.
- Providing feedback to suppliers to ensure consistency, quality, and delivery of raw materials.
- Following up with suppliers to implement corrective actions and ensure closure of non-conforming issues.
- Collaborating with suppliers on process improvement initiatives.
- Conducting supplier process and performance audits.
- Communicating with multiple departments (procurement, production, engineering, etc.) to complete material related projects.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High school diploma or GED.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in an engineering or scientific discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, etc.) from a four-year College or university.
- 4+ year of quality engineering experience.
- Experience including quality control of batteries or electronic devices. Quality assurance work is desired.
- Familiarity with quality management tools (control chart, FTA, FMEA, etc.) and MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience conducting quality investigations, failure analysis, and working hands-on within the production process.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Experience using ISO 9001 quality management system auditing.
- Experience with laboratory analysis using SEM, ICP, Karl Fischer, tensile-testers, or similar tools.
- A background as a quality engineer in high-volume manufacturing is strongly desired.
- Extensive data analysis experience such as statistical process control of production data.
- Experience in defect reduction of high-volume manufacturing products.
- Experience interfacing and working with suppliers to provide feedback on nonconformities, etc.
- Familiarity with the Japanese language is desired but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory is producing cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive compensation and benefits. Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. without restriction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy of North America.